Zhiyun has announced their latest gimbal, the CRANE-M2. The CRANE-M2 has been specifically designed for compact cameras, light mirrorless cameras, mobile phones, and action cameras.
- Great compatibility: compatible with compact cameras, light mirrorless cameras, smartphones and action cameras (A phone holder is included in the box).
- Whole new quick release system – Lite: enable users to quickly mount or dismount camera with a single press of the lock button.
- Scale mark and memory lock: facilitate balance adjustment, saving much trouble of readjustment every time.
- Unique locking mechanism: a unique locking pin and latch design to prevent the axes from swinging around during travel.
- A variety of creative options: Full-Range POV Mode, Vortex Mode, Go Mode, Pa
- Following Mode, Following Mode, Locking Mode.
- WiFi-and-Bluetooth control module: allow you to control your camera wirelessly through the gimbal handle.
- Zoom in/out: a single push of the slider on side of the handle, you can zoom in/out to capture smooth footage at a distance.
- Two 1/4 threaded holes: allow you to add various filmmaking rigs to it
- Intuitive OLED display: for display of gimbal mode, Bluetooth & WIFI status, battery level and various gimbal parameters.
The CRANE-M2 weighs in at just 500g (17.63 oz). It features a more easy-to-use quick setup system and smart lock design, as well as six creative operation modes.
There is an OLED display that shows the gimbal mode, Bluetooth & connection status, battery level, and various gimbal parameters.
I couldn’t find any information relating to the gimbals payload capacity. UPDATE: Zhiyun told me that the payload capacity is maximum payload is 720g (1.58lb). This certainly does limit what type of mirrorless camera and lens combination you could use.
Zhiyun claims that the CRANE-M2 has a runtime of up to 7 hours. Besides charging your phone, CRANE-M2 can also be charged with a USB power bank.
By using the built-in WiFi-and-Bluetooth control module you can control your camera wirelessly through the gimbal handle. Once paired via ZY Play, your camera and the gimbal will automatically pair again when they are turned on.
The CRANE-M2 has a new scale mark and memory lock that helps facilitate balance adjustment, that saves you the trouble of having to make readjustments every time. There is also a unique locking mechanism with a locking pin and latch design to prevent the axes from swinging around during travel.
Price & Availability
The CRANE-M2 is now available to order for $269 USD.