Blackmagic Design has released the Blackmagic Camera 7.9.1 Update. This update improves reliability when recording to external USB-C media disks and improves record button start and stop response with all Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras.
As well as those updates, the Blackmagic Camera 7.9.1 Update improves reliability when updating camera software. For Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K users this update improves motion sensor data accuracy as well as fixes an issue preventing users from setting frame rates above 60 fps.
What’s new in Blackmagic Camera 7.9.1
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K, 6K G2, & 6K Pro
- Improved reliability of recording to USB-C SSDs.
- Improved reliability when updating the camera software.
- Improved lag time when starting and stopping recording.
- Fixed issue where Blackmagic RAW clips with LUT applied may not preview correctly in camera.
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Improved motion sensor data accuracy.
- Improved reliability in detection of physical OIS switches on MFT lenses.
- Fixed issue preventing users setting frame rate above 60 fps when shooting 4K 2.4:1.