Teradek has announced its new Bolt 4K Monitor Module TX. This SmallHD-integrated Bolt 4K system features built-in wireless camera control.
Users of ARRI cameras can control their cameras wirelessly from up to 750′-ft (228.6m) away. Teradek will also eventually release 1500-ft TX/RX models and RED Komodo and DSMC2 wireless control will also be coming within the next few months.
The Bolt 4K Monitor Module was designed to seamlessly integrates into any SmallHD Smart 7 Monitor which unifies the power source, mounting point, and cabling into one thinner, lighter assembly. Bolt 4K Monitor Modules also bring wireless camera control to both the SmallHD and Bolt 4K line of products. The whole concept is to help to eliminate extra devices and to replace larger, cumbersome remote systems.
Wireless Camera Control for Arri Mini, Mini LF, Amira is now available. Due to the ethernet requirement for Arri Camera Control, the TX Module must be used with Cine 7 that has the Arri Camera Control license installed. The RX Module can be attached to any other Smart 7 monitor. Please make sure Smart 7 Monitors firmware is up to date.
To set up wireless camera control for ARRI, the following hardware and software are required:
- Cine 7 monitor + Bolt 4K Monitor Module TX connected to the camera with ARRI license installed (If you are using two Cine 7 monitors you can have the license installed on either one.)
- Any Smart 7 monitor + Bolt 4K Monitor Module RX on the remote monitor for wireless control
To set up wireless camera control for KOMODO or DSMC2 (coming later this summer), the following hardware and software are required.
- Any Smart 7 Monitor + Bolt 4K Monitor Module TX connected to the camera with any necessary camera control cables.
- Any Smart 7 Monitor + Bolt 4K Monitor Module RX on the remote monitor.
- Camera control for KOMODO or DSMC2 installed on either one of the Smart 7 Monitors.
The Bolt 4K Monitor Module TX is fully compatible with the entire Bolt 4K series of products. Existing users of SmallHD’s camera control software can take advantage of the new wireless functionality at no additional charge, via an upcoming firmware update, as long as they are using their monitors with a Bolt 4K Monitor Module TX/RX set.