Sound Devices is pleased to announce the NoiseAssist Noise Suppression Plugin for MixPre II Series recorders along with a firmware update, MixPre v7.00.
NoiseAssist debuted for 8-Series mixer-recorders in May, and is now available on the MixPre II Series as a one-instance plugin.
Several other features were introduced in v7.00, including output delay for the MixPre-3 II and MixPre-6 II, output delay for USB outputs in multiple MixPre models, and more.
What is NoiseAssist
The optional NoiseAssist plugin for the MixPre II Series uses an advanced signal processing algorithm to reduce background noises such as traffic, generators, HVAC noise, and more.
NoiseAssist is useful in many applications – for example, fast turnaround productions where there is no time for post, live broadcast and streaming, preview on set, feeds to video village, IFB feeds, rough guide mixes, and more.
The plugin features a simple user interface with only one adjustment: the amount of background noise to suppress. One instance of NoiseAssist may be run on any channel, bus L, or bus R.
It is available now for an introductory price of $300 from the Sound Devices store.
Firmware version 7.00 or higher, available for free from the Sound Devices website, is required for NoiseAssist.
Firmware Version 7.00
Also released today is v7.00 firmware updates for the MixPre-3 II & MixPre-6 II.
The MixPre-3 II and MixPre-6 II now have up to 400 ms of output delay available. Delay may be used to keep audio from the MixPre in sync with video streams, which inherently have more latency than audio.
- Introducing NoiseAssist, an optional paid plugin for one instance of adaptive ambient noise suppression. NoiseAssist is an advanced signal processing algorithm that reduces background noises such as traffic, generators, HVAC noise, and more. It features a simple user interface with only one adjustment, the amount of background noise to suppress. The plugin is available now at store.sounddevices.com for an introductory price of $300. Available in Advanced mode or Custom modes with Record or Channel set to Advanced. (MixPre II Series Only)
- MixPre-3 II and MixPre-6 II now have output delay available.
- When sending audio to video operators on a production set, output delay ensures that audio is in sync with camera video feeds. Outputs can be delayed from 0 to 400 ms.
- Output delay now applies to USB Outputs.
- Prior to firmware v7.00, output delay only applied to analog outputs. Delay may be used to keep audio from USB outputs in sync with video streams, which inherently have more latency than audio.
- (Only applies to MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-10 II, and MixPre-10T)
- Support for P.I. Engineering’s X-keys® Programmable Keypads, Sticks & Keyboards.
- X-keys products are programmable via P.I Engineering software to any standard USB keyboard functions. When mapped to the same keyboard functions as the MixPre’s USB Keyboard Shortcuts, these compact control surfaces can offer quick, tactile control of MixPre functions. Functions include Record, Stop, Play, and many more.
- USB 1 and 2 can now be used as sources for headphone presets in Audio mode.
- MixAssist is now available with all sampling rates at or below 48.048 kHz.
- MixPre no longer goes unresponsive when a keyboard command is sent while in the File List.
- Aux 1 and 2 routed to channels 5, 6 on MixPre-6 and -6 II or to channels 9, 10 on MixPre-10 T and -10 II no longer change levels when Playback is stopped.
- Audio level discrepancies between channel gain in basic mode and the USB Outputs no longer occur.
- Channels 5, 6 on MixPre-6 and -6 II or channels 9, 10 on MixPre-10T and -10 II are no longer panned incorrectly following a power cycle when Outputs are set to basic.
- Headphone Presets with linked pairs no longer only play one side of the linked pair.
- USB Output routing no longer allows both pre- and post-fade routing while in Custom modes with gain set to Basic and channel and outputs set to Advanced.
- Output and Headphone Limiters no longer remain active when switching to 32 Bit Float from 16- or 24-Bit with the limiters on.
Additionally, output delay now applies to USB outputs for the MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-10 II, and MixPre-10T. Adding delay on USB outputs allows sound and picture to be more easily synced during live streaming applications.
Other new features available in firmware version 7.00 include more sample rate options for the MixAssist plugin and support for P.I. Engineering’s X-keys® Programmable Keypads, Sticks & Keyboards.
Additionally, all current MixPre II Series models and the legacy MixPre Series have received performance improvements.
MixPre users may download firmware version 7.00 at: www.sounddevices.com/download
To learn more about NoiseAssist for MixPre II Series, listen to demonstration audio, and purchase the plugin, visit store.sounddevices.com/product/noiseassist-for-mixpre