Blackmagic Design has just released Camera 6.9.3 Update firmware. This update adds functionality and features to the original URSA Mini Pro 4.6K.
This camera has been discontinued for quite some time, but it is good o see that Blackmagic is continuing to upgrade the camera.
New features for the original URSA Mini Pro G1 model
- Add language localization support.
- Add slider and 1/3rd stop increments when adjusting ISO.
- Add common off-speed frame rate options above slider.
- Add the ability to embed custom LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips.
- Add sidetone level adjustment.
- Add improved ballistics and scaling of audio meters.
- Add choice of -18 or -20dB reference levels for audio meters.
- Add the ability to remap the HFR button.
- Add the ability to disable function and HFR buttons.
- Add the ability to remap VTR and Ret buttons on B4 lenses.
- Add quick media switching from the heads up display.
- Add support for HDR metadata in SDI output.
- Add ‘LUT’ icon to status text overlays.
- Add ‘PRE’ icon to status text overlays for preset timecode.
- Add 2:1, 1:1 and 4:5 monitoring frame guides.
- Add customizable frame guides.
- Add the ability to lock timecode to SDI Input.
- Retain jam synced timecode after a power cycle.
- Improved jam sync timecode accuracy after playback.
- Improved stability when using external or program reference.
- Improved compatibility for embedded audio on SDI outputs.
- Improved accuracy of status text on SDI outputs.
- Improved ND filter status text.
- Improved auto exposure speed and performance.
- Improved media formatting user interface.
Unfortunately this update is only for the original URSA Mini Pro 4.6K and there are no new features for any of the other Blackmagic cameras.
What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 1.7?
Blackmagic RAW 1.7 has added support when capturing BRAW clips from both the Panasonic EVA-1 and the Canon C300 Mark III using the Blackmagic Video assist.
- Added support for Panasonic EVA1 Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- Added support for Canon EOS C300 Mark II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Pro plugin general performance and stability improvements.