Irix has just announced their new 45mm f/1.4 manual focus lens which will be available in Canon EF, Nikon F & Pentax K lens mounts.
Irix was set to show the lens at this weekend’s, The Photography Show which has now been postponed until September.
Last year, they released the Cine 45mm T1.5 version and are now following it up with the stills version.
- Smooth bokeh
- Fast F/1.4 aperture
- Internal focusing
- Weather-resistant construction
- Aperture control straight from the camera
- In-camera focus indicator
- Semi-automatic modes (PASM)
- All exposure parameters are saved in EXIF data
- 50-degree field of view
- “Focus Lock” feature
- 140-degree focus ring throw
- Reinforced metal construction
- 77mm front filter thread
The lens is manual focus only, with a 140-degree focus throw. It also uses their Neutrino coating that is meant to maximise image contrast and minimise colour aberration, ghosting & flaring.
The lens features what Irix calls ‘Dragonfly’
Dragonfly is a combination of metal elements combined with composite components, making the entire construction not only strong but also lightweight. In addition to its reinforced construction, the lens is also weather-sealed in crucial points, which in conjunction with its internal focusing mechanism, means that you can use it without any difficulty in all environments and weather conditions.
- Strong internal construction based on metal components
- Anti-scratch finish
- Anti-slip rubberized focusing ring with a special notch
- Engraved markings filled with UV reactive paint
- Superior dust and moisture protection
- Equipped with a convenient hard case
No pricing has been published yet.