Sigma has announced the MC-31, a converter that allows PL mount lenses to be used on L-Mount cameras.
By using Sigma’s MC-31, users can use PL mount cine lenses on the SIGMA fp and other L-Mount cameras, such as the Panasonic S1 and S1H.
A production version of this new product will be on display at IBC 2019.
This is not the first PL-L Mount adapter. Wooden camera has the L-Mount to PL Mount Pro, there is the Novoflex PL Lens to Leica L-Mount Camera Adapter, and C7 adapters also has a version.
- All-metal construction for excellent durability
- With an aluminum-alloy body and strong brass mount and locking ring, MC-31 boasts excellent durability.
- It is also designed to be secured on the mount of the SIGMA fp with a screw thread, ensuring an even more secure connection between the lens and the camera. This allows users to shoot steady without the lens rattling even after the long-term use.
- The removable tripod socket allows MC-31 to be attached to a tripod or other filmmaking accessories such as a camera cage.
- With the screw thread removed, the stopper of the locking ring is released. This makes it possible to use MC-31 with a PL mount lens that requires tighter mounting than the MC-31’s specifications, allowing the lens to lock securely in place on the converter.
- The markings on the upper part of the converter are in the same luminous paint as the one used for SIGMA CINE LENS, helping make it easier to replace or adjust a lens in the dark.
The MC-31 has shim adjustments on two points of the mount. Adjustments can be made with a shim kit (included) on the camera side of the mount, or a shim for ARRI digital cameras on the lens side.
Price & Availability
There is currently no information about pricing or availability.