RØDE has just released the next version of the RØDECaster Pro firmware and it’s a big one. The new 2.0 update is all about taking user feedback and working them in.
The firmware version 2.0 follows on from previous updates, which introduced multitrack recording to the RØDECaster Pro, and introduces over 25 new features to the unit and the companion app, which are designed to make it even easier to make great-sounding podcasts.
The install package also includes an updated version of the companion app; you must install this app for use with software version 2.0.0.
RØDECaster Pro Version 2.0 Key features
- Ability to save and load a snapshot of the RØDECaster’s settings – called ‘Shows’
- Podcast Transfer Mode – allows users to transfer podcasts directly from the microSD to a computer
- New sound pad functionality
- New broadcast-ready features (pre-fade listen, “off-air” caller communication & more).
- Tweaked audio engine for clearer, sparklier podcasts!
The version 2.0 firmware is available now from RØDE
The RØDECaster Pro retails for $599 USD.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.