RED today dropped a beta firmware update for the KOMODO X. The biggest new addition is the inclusion of face detection autofocus. This doesn’t come as any surprise as it was also recently added to the V-RAPTOR in a firmware update.
What’s new in KOMODO-X 1.0.4?
- Added Face Detection Auto Focus
- Added Onboard LCD User Pages
- Added In-camera Online Firmware Upgrade method
- Added Advanced Image Flip Selection
- Added Function Toggle
- Added Top Buttons Modes
- Added Operations Guide QR Code
- Added ISO Display Mode Gain (dB)
- Added multiple Calibration management
- Added mDNS host name discovery
- Added Web UI for S3 credentials
- Added Remote Shutdown command
- Added OWC Atlas Ultra 1TB/2TB support
- Added SanDisk PRO-CINEMA 640GB support
- Optimized Recording Mode UI
- Changed Project Settings “Format” to “Sensor Format”
- A warning message will occur with unapproved Media.
UPGRADE KOMODO_X FIRMWARE
- Copy upgrade.bin to a /upgrade directory on the CFexpress card.
- Power up the camera and insert a CFexpress card into the KOMODO-X media slot.
- Go to Menu > Maintenance > Upgrade and select OK.
- The camera starts the upgrade process which will automatically restart the camera.
- Go to Menu > System Settings > System Status > Camera Info to verify the firmware version after the camera boots.