The SIGMA 10-18mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary is claimed to be the world’s smallest and lightest ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for APS-C cameras.
It is stated to feature ultra-sharp optics, a bright F2.8 aperture, and a newly developed push-on petal-type lens hood. The lens features a unique aspherical element that reduces the overall size of the lens.
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 10 groups (3 FLD, 1 SLD, and 4 aspherical elements)
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Stepping motor
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction (Function available on supported cameras only. Available corrections or auto correction functionality may vary depending on the camera model.)
- Support DMF and AF+MF
- Compatible with AF assist (Sony E-mount only)
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Support for switching between linear and non-linear focus ring settings on L-Mount bodies
- Mount with dust and splash resistant structure
- Push-on petal type hood LH706-02
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately / for L-Mount only)
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- Mount Conversion Service available
- Made in Aizu, Japan craftsmanship
The lens has an 11.6cm / 4.56″ minimum focusing distance and it weighs just 260g / 3.52 oz. It is claimed to feature a fast AF stepping motor and minimal focus breathing. Sigma states that the lens can be easily mounted onto a motorized gimbal to create video content for social media use and professional projects.
The lens will be available for L-Mount, Sony E-Mount, and FUJIFILM X-Mount systems.
Price & Availability
The Sigma 10-18mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary will start shipping on the 26th of October for $599 USD.