Zacuto’s new on-board audio Micro Mixer is being billed as the first dual channel microphone mixer designed specifically for mobile phone content creation.
The Micro Mixer is very small and it weighs in at 1.1 oz / 31g, and it has physical dimensions of 2.2” x 1.9” x .5”. While it is designed primarily for use with smartphones, you could use it with other cameras as well.
- Tiny (Weight: 1.1 oz. / 31 grams & Dimensions: 2.2” x 1.9” x .5”)
- Dual Channel – Two microphones inputs
- Two headphone output
- Universal: Works with all phones and professional cameras
- Record and playback without removing the lighting plug
- Monitor sound off the phone speaker, bluetooth speaker or headphones with a switch
- Create your own custom mixes individually for each headphone channel
- Set levels manually or automatically
- Record isolated audio or create a custom mix for live streaming
- Use new high-end microphones with ⅛” jacks, for reducing weight and cost.
The dual channel design allows you to input two microphones, so you can create stereo mic setups. It looks to be an interesting option for video production, interviews, or podcasting with mix-minus capabilities if you are using a smart phone. The Micro Mixer’s design is simple so you can make quick adjustments via switches and dials. There are no menus so you can set levels, pan, and monitor sound quickly. It can be powered by your phone or externally powered. It comes with an iPhone, Android, and an ⅛” cable for use with cameras.
The Micro Mixer will be coming in early Q3. You can sign up here for Micro Mixer news.