Some of the biggest new additions include the ability to record in Apple ProRes 4444XQ and 422 LT and the ability to jam sync external timecode sources via the 3.5mm microphone port. You can now also get a clean HDMI output through the HDMI port, and output 4K 4:2:0 60 fps through the HDMI when recording at 4K.
Now, there are a few caveats when recording in ProRes 4444XQ. You can’t output a signal over HDMI, the exposure assistant, peak focus and LiDAR waveform are disabled hen recording ProRes 4444XQ video at 6K/48fps or 4K/96fps and above.
- Added support for ProRes 4444XQ and ProRes 422LT recording.
- Added support for using Jam Sync through the external timecode generator and the 3.5 mm microphone port.
- Added support for using DJI Ronin 4D Hand Grips Mount Universal Adapter connects to Ronin-S External
- GPS Module to increase stability when turning with the Ronin 4D at high speed.
- Added support for output clean HDMI footage using HDMI port.
- Added support for output up to 4K 4:2:0 60fps HDMI footage when recording at 4K.
- Added zoom control for using the right hand grip to control focus motor with E mount manual zoom lens.
- Added support for output signal with internal timecode and recording trigger signal through HDMI port.
- Added support for focus assistant through double-clicking to zoom-in.
- Added support for anamorphic display de-squeezing for the High-Bright Main Monitor.
- Added Frame Guide and Safety Zone when using playback.
- Added automatic cycle for single footage when using playback.
- Added ActiveTrack speed settings.
- Added support for menu control using the right hand grip.
- Added real-time reading of the gimbal three axes force mobile data for High-Bright Remote Monitor.
- Added 35mm equivalent focal length information read-in to the ProRes metadata.
- Fixed issue: noise was too loud when performing auto tune.
- Fixed issue: Ronin 4D shook at high frequency when tilting with the Z-Axis at lock mode.
- Fixed issue: the preset timecode at REC Run mode was reset after the gimbal reboot.
- Fixed issue: noise was too loud when switching the built-in ND with E Mount lens.
- Fixed issue: camera restarted when using right hand grip to adjust iris with a manual lens.
- ProRes 4444XQ can only be stored on the DJI PROSSD.
- HDMI port cannot output a signal when using ProRes 4444XQ.
- Exposure assistant, peak focus and LiDAR waveform will be disabled automatically for optimal performance when recording ProRes 4444XQ video at 6K/48fps or 4K/96fps and above.
- Left channel cannot be used when using Jam Sync through the 3.5 mm microphone port.
- Attach all the accessories to Ronin 4D before updating firmware.
- Attach the DJI Three-Channel Follow Focus to the High-Bright Remote Monitor to update firmware simultaneously.
DJI has announced new firmware updates for the Ronin 4D and High-Bright Monitor.