Blackmagic Design has released DaVinci Resolve 17.4.6. This update adds support for Nikon RAW files, a Sony IMF render preset and improved stability with 3D renders in Fusion on Apple Mac models with M1 Max processors.
What is interesting is that Nikon has yet to release its firmware update for the Z9 that will add internal RAW recording. This must be coming very shortly given the fact that DaVinci Resolve is now supporting it.
In addition, DaVinci Resolve 17.4.6 adds better audio proxy handling and Vimeo credential recognition, as well as improved stability when using HDR controls on Apple silicon models. Technical support for the free version of DaVinci Resolve 17 is only available via the Blackmagic Design community forums.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve 17.4.6?
- Support for Nikon RAW video formats
- Support for Sony IMF render preset
- Support for CopySettings to work on Fusion modifiers
- Scripting API support to get node count and LUT by node index
- Improved stability with large 3D renders in Fusion on M1 Max
- Addressed clip gain changes being wrongly applied to selected tracks
- Addressed audio issues with proxies generated for non-48KHz clips
- Addressed a context menu issue for clips with cached audio effects
- Addressed a stability issue with some HDR controls in Apple silicon
- Addressed an issue with malformed fonts
- Addressed an issue extruding 3D text from specific fonts
- Addressed SVG groups going offline if duplicate Fusion node names exist
- Addressed issues with IO encode plugins
- Addressed audio artifacts rendering Sony XAVC formats
- Addressed sign-in issues for Vimeo
- General performance and stability improvements