The PrimeTime Lighting GUS 51 LED Fresnel has a 60W power draw and an adjustable beam angle of 11-80°. It is available in either daylight or tungsten versions.
The GUS 51 is passively cooled so there is no fan. PrimeTime’s Therma-draw heat dispersion technology means that the light is cool to the touch and dead quiet.
It utilizes a 6.25″ Micro-Fresnel lens and the advanced optics are claimed to be able to provide an even wash of light, unlike any other LED Fresnel. There is less than a 2.8% decrease in brightness from the center to the outer edge. PrimeTime Lighting under-drives the diodes in all of their LED products to extend diode life and color balance consistency.
The GUS51 is backed by an impressive five-year warranty and it is handmade in the USA. The fixture is 100% machined, extruded, and made out of aluminum.
The light has physical dimensions of 8.5 x 8 x 10″ (LxWxH) / 21.59 x 20.32 x 25.4cm and it weighs in at 14lb / 6.35kg. This is certainly heavy for a 60W fresnel, but most of that weight is coming from the aluminum construction.
- 60W power draw LED Fresnel
- Five-Year Warranty
- No Fan
- Adjustable from a tight 11° beam angle at full spot to a wide 80° field angle at full flood
- Designed and built in the USA
- 6.25″ Micro-Fresnel lens
- Less than 2.8% decrease in brightness from the center to the outer edge
- Steady Glide focusing mechanism
- 100% machined, extruded and formed aluminum construction
- 95+ CRI (Color Rendering Index)
- 98+ TLCI (Television Lighting Consistency Index)
- Highest quality diodes – rated at 50K+ hours lifetime
- Rotating and locking barndoors
- Accepts 5-pin XLR cables
- Equivalent to 750-watt incandescent
- Equipped with DMX and digital display interface
- Available in either Daylight or Tungsten color temperature
Above you can see the claimed photometric data for the daylight version of the GUS51. This is certainly a fixture that is capable of putting out a lot of output.
Price & Availability
The GUS51 is available to purchase, but PrimeTime Lighting doesn’t list a price on its website.