At CineGear 2021, Atlas lens Co. has officially announced its new 25mm T2 anamorphic lens.
This is the 7th lens in the Orion series and it now joins the following lenses:
- 32mm T2
- 40mm T2
- 50mm T2
- 65mm T2
- 80mm T2
- 100mm T2
We first saw a prototype of the 25mm T2 way back at NAB 2019.
this lens has been in the works for quite a long time and it is good to see it finally coming to market.
- Extremely low distortion for an incredibly wide lens
- 133º horizontal field-of-view with 2x anamorphic squeeze
- 18” (1.5’) close focus
- Covers traditional anamorphic 4:3 film and digital sensor formats up to 24.89mm x 18.66mm
- Covers full-frame formats edge-to-edge with the Atlas 1.6x LF Extender
- Complements the Orion Series family of lenses (32/40/50/65/80/100)
The lens covers 4:3 film and digital sensor formats up to 24.89mm x 18.66mm, but it will cover full-frame sensors if you combine it with the Atlas 1.6x LF Extender.
Above you can see some vision that was shot with the lens.
Price & Availability
The Atlas Orion 25mm T2 is now available to pre-order for $14,995 USD, however, you need to put down a deposit of $4,995 USD to secure a lens.