The Aputure P600c builds on the Nova P300c with twice the output and four times as many light engines. By using a new RGBWW chipset, the Nova P600c is capable of high output and precision color quality. Aputure states the output of 2,298+ lux at 3 meters (6500K) and a CCT range of 2,000K-10,000
The P600c’s output is equivalent to two Nova P300cs. Unlike the P300c the P600c has a removable diffusion panel. This is a nice feature for using softboxes or punching through a 6×6 as the output will be higher when removed. On the flip side having the diffuser attached will make the light softer with better spread to avoid hot spots. I like having options.
- 600W RGBWW 2×1 LED Soft Light Panel
- 2298+ Lux at 9.8′ in 6500K CCT mode
- Two times brighter than the Nova P300c (claimed)
- CRI and TLCI 95+, SSI (D56): 74, SSI (Tungsten): 84
- 4-light engine zone control
- Fully tunable CCT from 2000K to 10,000K
- Fully-tunable green-magenta adjustment (Full Plus/Minus Green)
- Hue, saturation, and intensity (HSI) with CCT control
- Control: Built-in LumenRadio CRMX, Sidus Link mobile app compatibility, 8/16-bit DMX512 5-pin input and output
- Cable-free contact pin control box interface
- Extendable control box with lightning clamp
- Head cable length is 9.8′ for flexibility and reach
- Four user-programmable presets
- Removable Diffusion Panel
- Two output modes: Max and Constant
- Lead-follow mode for quick workflow
- Variety of built-in light source presets
- Frequency selection to reduce flicker
- Industry-standard X,Y (CIE 1931) color control
- Colors within Rec.2020 color space: >90%
- Industry-standard gel presets: 300+
- 19 Built-in lighting FX: Cop Car, Lightning, Paparazzi, Candle, Fire, and more
- Stepless dimming from 0.1 to 100%
- 3-Pin XLR 48V/15A DC battery input
- Internal power supply with Neutrik powerCON TRUE1 TOP AC power cable
- Curved dual disk-brake yoke with 360° rotation and Junior pin mount
The Nova P600c draws 600W, whereas the Nova P300c draws 360W.
Dimensions and Weight
The look of the new Nova P600c is very similar to the original Nova; however, it’s more compact and takes on a 2×1 form factor. It is wider and not as tall as the P300c. To allow for heavy modifiers Aputure added a second yolk to lock it down nice and tight.
- Lamp Head with Yoke: 80.2 x 48.15 x 17.96cm / 31.57″ x 18.96″ x 7.07″
- Aperture: 60.36 x 27. 9cm / 23.76″ x 10.66″
- Lamp Head Weight: 13.74kg / 30.29lbs
P600c New Wireless Control Box
The P600c has a new control box that includes the industry-standard LumenRadio CRMX, enabling it to interface with any CRMX wireless control system.
The new controller has a cable-less connection interface that uses contact pins to achieve wireless control without the need for a connection cable. You can still use the included 5-Pin XLR Head Cable (3m) for a direct connection.
The P600c is also compatible with Sidus Link mobile app control, allowing you to control Aputure fixtures from a smartphone or tablet.
|CCT||1m (LUX)||3m (LUX)||5m (LUX)|
Above are Aputure’s stated photometric measurements. These were performed with the diffuser attached.
Many P300c features are present on the new Nova P600c, such as the Junior Pin, locking yolk, integrated power supply, a variety of Built-in Light Source Presets, 300+ Industry-Standard Gel Presets, 19 Built-in Lighting FX, to name a few.
Aputure will have modifiers available as well as Chimera and DoPchoice.
Price and Availability
The P600c retails for $3,290. The fixture with a rolling hardshell case retails for $3,590. Shipping will start in Q4 2021.