The DJI OM 5 is the latest addition to the Osmo Mobile series. It is a smartphone stabilizer and it builds on previous DJI offerings by adding a new phone clamp, built-in extension rod, all while being smaller and lighter than its predecessors.
While there are a few new features this is not much of an upgrade over the previous OM 4.
The DJI OM5 features 3-axis stabilization, a brand new ShotGuides feature, and improved ActiveTrack 4.0. It also features a foldable design and it collapses down to fit into the palm of your hand.
- 264.5×111.1×92.3 mm (unfolded)
- 290 g
- Magnetic Design
- ActiveTrack 4.0
- Gesture Control
- Story Mode
- Built-In Extension Rod (215 mm)
The DJI OM 5 supports most mainstream phones on the market that are 67-84mm in width, 6.9-10mm in thickness, and 170-290 g in weight.
ShotGuides feature up to 30 sets of pre-set shooting tutorials and it also supports automatic editing. The updated ActiveTrack 4.0 now supports tracking at up to 3x zoom at 5 m/s. Other features and pre-programmed shooting modes that make your content stand out include:
- Gesture Control: Easily start and stop video recording or take photos by using hand gestures to control the DJI OM 5, perfect for capturing an epic selfie or group footage without a finicky self-timer.
- DynamicZoom: A visually appealing cinematic look, DJI OM 5 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create the dramatic background shift made popular by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using Timelapse; Motionlapse, which adds set movement points for the gimbal; or Hyperlapse to physically move with the gimbal. All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology as well as the 3-axis gimbal for an added level of smoothness. Easily share these creative videos on social media for the world to enjoy.
- Panoramas: Choose from three creative panorama options to capture a wider perspective including 3×3 panorama, 240°panorama and “CloneMe” panorama which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a unique and creative effect.
- Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
- Story Mode Templates: Choose from one of the pre-set templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 5 uses pre-set movements, music and color palettes for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media.
- Glamour Effects: Supports automatic retouching and customized parameter settings. Glamour Effects will be automatically activated when switching to the front-facing camera.
The new Fill Light Phone Clamp is a magnetic clamp with a built-in auxiliary light. The DJI OM 5 is also supported by other useful accessories including a wrist strap, a grip tripod, and a storage pouch.
The DJI OM 5 will retail for $159 USD.