RØDE has released a new piece of software called RØDE Connect, a simple software solution for podcasting and streaming with the NT-USB Mini.
RØDE Connect allows you to connect up to four NT-USB Minis to a single computer, for easy integration with video call and streaming applications to provide a simple way to record podcasts and live-streams.
- Free to download – versions for Mac and PC available
- Connect up to four NT-USB Minis to one computer – no complex routing required
- Fully featured recording interface – complete with broadcast-style faders, level metering, mute buttons, and more
- Unlock the NT-USB Mini’s internal digital signal processing power – one-click access to a noise gate, compressor, APHEX® Aural Exciter™ and Big Bottom™ effects
- Virtual channels – for seamlessly connecting remote guests, integrating streaming applications, and adding music beds and other external audio
- Automatic mix-minus on every channel – for crystal-clear, echo-free audio
- Simple to use – the easiest way to podcast and streamline gaming audio
The NT-USB Mini, coupled with RØDE Connect, marks a huge leap forward for simple solutions that allow anyone to create a professional sounding podcastRØDE CEO Damien Wilson.
Designed for Podcasting
RØDE Connect allows up to four NT-USB Minis to be connected to a single computer. Previously, this required complex routing and complicated software to set up, but with RØDE Connect it is plug & play.
It features a recording interface inspired by the RØDECaster Pro, complete with broadcast-style faders, one-click recording, level metering, mute buttons, output control, and flexible optimization and export options for uploading to various podcasting platforms.
There are also two ‘Virtual’ channels (named ‘Virtual’ and ‘System’) for easily connecting remote callers via communications apps like Zoom and Google Hangouts, and for adding music beds, stings and sound effects, pre-recorded interviews, or any other audio from external sources.
These two ‘Virtual’ channels, combined with the four microphone channels, mean RØDE Connect can accommodate up to six podcasters at once. Each channel automatically has mix-minus signal routing applied, ensuring crystal-clear, echo-free communication between hosts and guests.
Simple Streaming Setup
RØDE Connect is also a good solution for gamers who want to simplify their audio setup. In addition to offering a flexible interface for controlling audio from the NT-USB Mini, RØDE Connect’s ‘Virtual’ channels allow for streamlined integration of audio from chat applications like TeamSpeak, gameplay sound, and other audio sources.
There are also dedicated output controls for streaming apps like OBS or Xsplit.
NT-USB Mini DSP
Using RØDE Connect allows for various DSP effects to be used with the NT-USB Mini. This gives users access to a noise gate, compressor, APHEX Aural Exciter and Big Bottom effects, which are also found on the RØDECaster Pro.
In addition to RØDE Connect, RØDE have also introduced three new accessories.
COLORS is a kit of colour-coded caps for the NT-USB Mini and colour-coded rings for RØDE USB-C and USB-A cables. These match the colours of each channel in RØDE Connect, making it easy to keep track of who is talking.
COLORS retails for $19 USD
RØDE has also released two new high-speed, 1.5m-long USB cables, the SC17 (USB-C to USB-C) and SC18 (USB-C to USB-A) for connecting the NT-USB Mini to any computer.
The RØDE NT-USB retails for $99 USD each.