RED has released the KOMODO Beta Build 1.5.0. This adds a host of new features including 6K Anamorphic R3D support, Livestream Tools and Magnify support, and 4 channel audio support.
- Added 6K Anamorphic R3D support (requires REDCINE-X PRO v52.3 or later)
- Added 6K 2:1 format
- Added Livestream Tools and Magnify support
- Added FTPS support for remote offload
- Added 4 channel audio support
- Added WiFi Scan support
- Added Prism Viewfinder mode
- Added Canon RF lens control ring support
- Added cross sync support (e.g., Genlock 30P, SDI 60P)
- Added BWAV support for off-speed audio
- Added static IP support to Infrastructure mode
- Added Exascend CFast 512GB and 1TB to the approved list
- Fixed intermittent ‘Error loading clip’ in playback
- Download the latest REDCINE-X PRO from https://www.red.com/downloads
UPGRADE KOMODO FIRMWARE
- Copy the upgrade folder (containing the upgrade.bin file) to the top directory on the CFast card.
- Power up the camera and insert a CFAST card into the KOMODO media slot.
- Go to Menu > Maintenance > Upgrade and select OK.
- The camera initiates a 2 stage upgrade process which will automatically restart the camera.
- After the camera restarts to complete the upgrade process, select RESTART once it appears.
- Go to Menu > Camera Status > Camera Info to verify the firmware version after the camera boots.>
- Magnify over Live Stream and LCD in 2K, 4K, or 5K causes the live stream to freeze. Restart camera to re-enable.
- RF Lens focus range switch not currently supported
- Warning message will occur with unapproved Media and Batteries.