The Vaxis 7″ Storm 072 Monitor/Receiver is a self-contained director/client monitor that features a built-in wireless video receiver.
- Up to 500 meters operating range (line of sight)
- 20 optional channels
- Integrated 7” LCD with Storm 3000 Receiver.
- IPS Screen, 1500 nits, 1080P Full HD
- Built-in fan
- Antenna Enclosure with 6 x Antennas
- V-Mount Battery Plate
The Storm 072 features a 7″ built-in IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1080 resolutions. It has a claimed brightness of 1500 nits.
According to Vaxis, the screen has the following monitoring tools:
- Red focus peaking
- Hue, saturation, and contrast settings
- High, middle, and low brightness settings
- High and low sharpness settings
- Wireless channel frequency and strength display
- Selectable noise reduction
- Button and slider controls
The Storm Focus 072 can receive up to 1080p60 video from 500m away using its five high-gain antennas.
The Vaxis 7″ Storm 072 Monitor/Receiver also features built-in wood-accented side handles and you can mount the monitor onto your remote follow focus if need be.
There is also an integrated V-lock battery plate. You can also power it via a 2-Pin LEMO Input.
As far as inputs and outputs go, there aren’t any. There isn’t an HDMI or SDI input or output anywhere to be seen. Apart from the DC LEMOthere is only a 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Headphone Output.
The Storm Focus 072 is compatible with the Vaxis Storm 800, 1000S, 2000, 3000, and 5000 transmitters, as well as various professional wireless follow focus systems such as the ARRI WUC-4, Movcam, Tilta Nucleus-M, and C-Motion. A Vaxis Scanner is included for scanning frequencies to find which channel has the greatest signal strength.
Price & Availability
The Vaxis 7″ Storm 072 Monitor/Receiver with V-Mount Battery Plate retails for $2,980 USD and it will be available soon according to B&H.
This is what you get in the kit:
- Vaxis 7″ Storm 072 Monitor/Receiver with V-Mount Battery Plate
- D-Tap to 2-Pin LEMO-Type Power Cable
- Antenna Enclosure
- 6 x Antenna
- Wooden Handgrip
- Carrying Strap
- Screen Protector
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
For what it is, this looks to be quite expensive, especially given its limited feature set. The biggest drawcard is that it includes a Storm 3000 receiver which means you can monitor images from up to 500m away.