SIRUI has introduced a new wide-angle 24mm F2.8 1.33x lens. It features the stretched oval bokeh and streaked lens flares that Sirui’s affordable anamorphic lenses have become known for, combined with a new wider field of view.
Affordable wide anamorphic shooting has been very limited. Traditional wide-angle anamorphic cinema lenses cost tens of thousands of dollars, while DIY anamorphic adapters based on optics designed for projection don’t cover wider angles. In addition, most of these solutions have limited close focus.
SIRUI states the new 24mm F2.8 is designed from the ground up to address these needs. The lens features a 1.33x squeeze factor and has an imaging circle that covers APS-C sized sensors.
It is available in native mounts for Micro Four Thirds, Sony E, Canon EF-M, Nikon Z, and Fujifilm X cameras.
The lens build is an all-metal body with a front filter size of 77mm and the lens barrel is non-rotating which allows for easy use of variable ND and other filters. The SIRUI R&D team resolved key technical problems to deliver a previously impossible 0.6m minimum focusing distance without the need for additional diopters.
The fast F2.8 aperture of the 24mm lens allows foreground objects to stand out against smoothly blurred backgrounds and night scenes to be perfectly captured. Combining the fast aperture with the 0.6m close focus also makes for interesting close-up options.
SIRUI 24mm F2.8 1.33x anamorphic Specifications
- Focal length: 24mm
- Maximum aperture: F2.8
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Lens structure: 13 elements in 10 groups
- Aperture blades: 8
- Maximum support frame: APS-C
- Shooting distance: 0.6m (2 ft) – infinity
- Focus method: Manual focusing
- Maximum magnification: 1:21.99(V),1:29.07 (H)
- Filter spec: M72 x 0.75
- Rotation angle of the focus ring: 189.6°
- Max. diameter: 74mm (2.91 inches)
- Diameter of focus ring: 64.6mm (2.54 inches)
- Weight(g/lbs): MFT Mount: 770/1.70; E Mount: 780/1.72; X Mount: 780/1.72; EF-M Mount: 780/1.72; Z Mount: 810/1.79
- Total length (lens cap not included) (mm/inch): MFT Mount: 124.9/4,92; E Mount: 126.1/4.96; X Mount: 126.4/4.98; EF-M Mount: 126.1/4.96; Z Mount: 128.1/5.04
The SIRUI 24mm F2.8 1.33x anamorphic lens is available for super early bird price on the Indiegogo crowdfunding project at $749 US. Super early bird orders are estimated to ship by January.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.