Rycote’s PCS Quick Release, PCS Stands & Grip have been developed in response to the growing need for assisting production sound mixers, boom ops, sound recordists, and audio engineers.
The original Rycote PCS Boom Connector solved a multitude of problems with a unified quick-release system that allowed for an instant, one-handed, quick connect/disconnect of all types of microphones to a boom pole or fixture. Rycote has built on the PCS Boom Connector’s success to create a complete system for quicker, more secure, and less complicated workflows.
The PCS range is designed to allow the mounting of microphones and accessories and save time when switching gear without any need for any adapters. Rycote also claims it can also guarantee a 100% noise-free and secure coupling between the microphone accessory and mounting point or surface.
The design of all of the PCS quick release products has been done so operators can safely conduct a one-handed operation. The new range of PCS Stands and Grip gives sound professionals the flexibility of positioning mics and accessories in the exact location they need to be in.
There are five unique quick release Connectors, and eight arms and stands in total.
PCS Connectors and Accessories
- The PCS-Boom Connector (list price: $99.95 USD/€99.95 /£85.95) was the first in the PCS range and remains the flagship quick-release. Slim and lightweight, it has a premium aluminum finish and a high payload capacity.
- The PCS-Organizer (list price: $39.95 USD/€39.95 /34.95) has been designed for flat surface mounting allowing for quick and secure access to windshields, microphone supports and other sound accessories.
- The PCS-Lite 3/8” (list price: $39.95 USD/€39.95 /£34.95) is the most versatile and economical quick release mechanism in the range with 3/8“-16 compatibility and simple click-in auto-locking operation.
- The PCS-Lite 5/8” (list price: $39.95 USD/€39.95 /£34.95) has been designed for the MI Industry with a dedicated 5/8” threaded socket and threaded tip. It allows quick and easy microphone swaps while maintaining a secure connection to a microphone stand.
- The PCS-Utility (list price: $69.95 USD/€69.95 /£61.95), is the workhorse of the range. Highly robust and durable, constructed from stainless steel, glass-filled nylon and aluminium, has an extremely secure twist-and-pull unlocking mechanism.
- The PCS-Spigot (list price: $69.95 USD/€69.95 /£61.95) is the ideal accessory to convert Manfrotto lighting stands and arms with typical lighting spigot connections into reliable quick-release systems to attach any sound kit with a 3/8” thread. It fits all articulated arms and stands with a 5/8” (16mm) spigot.
- The PCS-Utility Kit Small and Large (list price: $79.95 USD/€79.95/£69.95) include a Rycote Half Coupler with a compatible 3/8” bolt. It enables mounting microphones, shock mounts, windshields and lighting accessories to trusses, scaffolding poles and other rigging devices safely and securely.
New PCS Grip and Stands
- The PCS-Artic Arm (list price: $139.95 USD/€139.95/ £122.95) with its 3/8” BSW male thread at the distinctive steel blue finished end will fit all industry-standard sound accessories including windshields and shock mounts. It is articulated and has a standard-size 16mm spigot with 3/8” female thread and an ergonomic knob to quickly get a microphone in the needed position. Also available as a kit with the Manfrotto Super Clamp (list price: $149.95 USD/€149.95 /£131.95). This multipurpose clamp can hold onto just about anything, including round and square surfaces ranging from 13mm to 50mm.
- The PCS-Artic Arm Micro Kit (list price: $149.95 USD/€149.95 /£131.95) has a 3/8” BSW male attachment and is compatible with industry-standard sound accessories. This is a compact, solid, and highly dependable professional variable-friction arm in solid aluminium with an ergonomic handle for precision-controlled movement. It includes an anti-rotation adapter and Nano Clamp with a 3.0 kg payload
- The PCS-Cobra Arm 3/8” (list price: $39.95 USD/€39.95 /£34.95) is semi-flexible with a dedicated 3/8” BSW male attachment and Hytrel® washer. It is a versatile positioning accessory and is compatible with the PCS-Quick Release Connector range.
- The PCS-Stand Base 3/8” and PCS-Stand Base Mini 3/8” (list price: $39.95 USD/€39.95 /£34.95 each) are low-lying stands with a 3/8” BSW male attachment to allow the mounting of microphones close to the floor. They allow for quick setup and fold flat for easy carry. The PCS-Stand Base 3/8” with PCS-Utility Kit option is also available (list price: $124.95 USD/€124.95 /£109.95).
- The PCS-Sound Stand 3/8” (list price: $69.95 USD/€69.95 /£61.95) features a durable and adjustable 2-section aluminum column with a 3/8” BSW male attachment with Hytrel® washer, reaching a maximum height of 79cm. The rigid black steel base also features a 3/8” BSW male attachment for use without the pole for low-level use. Also available as a kit with the PCS-Utility (list price: $159.95 USD/€159.95 /£139.95 each).
- The PCS-Sound Stand Mini 3/8” (list price: $49.95 USD/€49.95 /£43.95) is a super compact stand with extendable mini pole up to 20cm.