The ALPHA series are powered by Phison’s 12 series controller, which is claimed to provide a good balance of performance, capacity, cost, and energy efficiency.
- Capacities: 4TB and 8TB
- Max Sequential: 3300MB/s (Read) / 3000MB/s (Write)
- 4KB Random: 550,000 IOPS (Read) / 680,000 IOPS (Write)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Dimensions: 22mm x 80mm X 2.25mm
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Warranty
The drives have a maximum sequential read speed of 3300MB/s, and a maximum sequential write speed of 3000MB/s.
These look like a great option for placing in small NVMe bus-powered enclosures such as the OWC Envoy Express. Even though most bus-powered NVMe enclosures can’t offer you the sort of read and write speeds that the ALPHA is capable of, having 8TB of fast storage in a tiny enclosure is great for remote laptop editing.
Price & Availability
The drives are the following prices: