Blackmagic has announced DaVinci Resolve 16.2.2. This latest update adds a ton of new functionality and a range of bug fixes.
The two biggest features of this new release are accelerated 10-bit H.265 encoding when using a Mac, and support for RED 7.3.1 SDK.
There is also a nice option now where you can assign the frame rate for renders when sending out to Vimeo, YouTube and Frame.io.
- Hardware accelerated H.265 Main10 renders on supported Macs.
- Blackmagic RAW clip LUT name can now be viewed in clip metadata.
- Ability to assign frame rate in YouTube, Vimeo and Frame.io renders.
- Support for marking Frame.io comments in markers as complete.
- Nudge keyboard actions can be used in the sync clip dialog.
- Support for exporting .srt files without formatting.
- Support for RED 7.3.1 SDK.
- Support for Rec.709-A gamma option for QuickTime player compatibility.
- Preference to automatically tag Rec.709 clips as Rec.709-A.
- Addressed level shifts playing some short H.264 clips on Mac systems.
- Addressed loss of audio transition when trimming clips in the timeline.
- Addressed issues with stabilization not being available in the inspector.
- Addressed issues with incorrect channel order for audio waveform display.
- Addressed an issue with previewing in Fusion when in proxies mode.
- Addressed an issue with using reference sizing with timeline wipe.
- Addressed an issue with aspect ratio metadata in some MXF renders.
- Multiple performance and stability improvements.
Please refer to the latest DaVinci Resolve Configuration Guide for your platform detailing support, including certified driver versions for third party hardware. It is available from www.blackmagicdesign.com/support.
You will also need to download and install the latest Blackmagic Design Desktop Video software for monitoring with your Blackmagic Design video hardware. Desktop Video is available from www.blackmagicdesign.com/support.