Today Aputure released more info on the powerful 600d that we got a first look at IBC 2019 and the long-awaited Nova P300c panel light.
The LS 600d is the latest flagship light in the Aputure Light Storm COB product line. With an immensely bright 600W COB LED output, the 600d is one of the brightest point source LEDs on the market. With only a 720W Max Power Draw, this light is able to approach the brightness of 1200W HMIs at only a fraction of their total energy consumption, allowing you to power more than one from a single household circuit.
In addition, the 600D takes advantage of the lower power consumption requirements of LED compared to hot lights, allowing it to both draw power from and charge V & Gold Mount cinema batteries. Its dual voltage battery plates also enable it to be compatible with 14.4V, 26V, and 28.8V batteries, making it an incredibly flexible fixture. The control box is also capable of accepting 48V (15A) DC power via 3-pin XLR, allowing it to be powered via external battery power stations.
The 600d is a fixture made to weather any environment, with an IP54 design, both the lamp head and control box are both weatherproof, with dust and water resistance. With a Bowens Accessory mount and slanted yoke, the 600d leaps ahead as an adaptable light source that is not only incredibly bright, but incredibly easy to modify with tools like the F10 Fresnel, which intensifies its output even further.
The light also has a myriad of wireless control methods, including Aputure’s 2.4GHz remote, the Sidus Link mobile app, and for the first time in Aputure history, built-in wireless DMX control.
Significant amounts of user feedback helped make the LS 600d the most powerful modifiable point-source light fixture on the market.
New 10″ F10 Fresnel for 600d
With a big fixture comes a massive new 10″ fresnel plus barn doors too. The design is very similar to the Aputure fresnel for the 300d. Aputure is stressing the fresnel is an actual 10″. The front is made of glass and is a Bowens mount.
The F10 Fresnel is a Bowens Mount, True Glass Fresnel Lens Modifier, made to match the size of traditional 10-inch Fresnel lights like a tungsten 5K or 2500W HMI, with a 250mm diameter lens made of real glass. The size of this Fresnel allows filmmakers to get punchy hard-light that maintains a subtle soft quality that is perfect for dramatic expression.
As an Aputure Fresnel, this modifier also uses Aputure’s dual-lens optical design, utilizing a condenser lens to refocus the light from a flat-chip COB LED to perfectly fill the front Fresnel element, further enhancing the fixture’s illuminance. When combined with the Aputure LS 600d, the fixture can output over 200,000lux at 1 meter.
F10 fresnel Key features
- Up to 200,000+ lux @ 1 Meter with the Aputure LS 600d – 15°-45° Variable Beam Angle
- 10” Glass Fresnel Lens
- Dual Lens Optical Design
- Compatible with F10 Barn Doors – Seamless Focus Adjustment
- Minimizes Light Leaks
In addition to its variable 15°-45° beam angle, the F10 Fresnel also adopts Aputure’s seamless adjustable focus design from the Fresnel 2X, assuring precise and ergonomic adjustability. The F10 also incorporates a unique ventilation design that allows for airflow to prevent the COB from overheating, while also minimizing any light leaks.
The Nova P300c has been in the works for some time now and Aputure is ready to release it. We first seen the Nova 300c at IBC 2018. Yes, it’s been a while.
The Nova is a RGBWW
The Aputure WWRGB light has features found in popular multi-color lights such as simulation of both Lee and Rosco filters. That’s a lot of filters! As well as color gels this includes color correction, which goes all the way up to 10,000K with green/magenta shift too. The new panel has special effects as well, including police flashes and party lights, lighting and TV static.
You can power it from the mains or two V-Lock batteries – Aputure says a couple of 90Wh batteries should give you around 1h 45m runtime.
Aputure says the output is comparable to what the ARRI Skypanel S30 is capable of, although output does vary depending on the mode you’re in and how saturated a color you dial in.
Nova P300c Key features
- 300W RGBWW LED Soft Light Panel • Up to 9000lux at 1 meter
- CRI & TLCI >95+
- Soft 120° Beam Angle
- Fully Tunable CCT from 2000K to 10000K
- Tunable Green-Magenta Adjustment in CCT Mode (Full Plus/Minus Green)
- RGB Color Tunability with Hue, Saturation & Intensity Control
- Industry-standard X,Y (CIE 1931): Color Coordinate Adjustment to Match Other Lights
- 90% of Colors Within Rec.2020 Color Space
- 300+ Industry-Standard Gel Presets Built-in
- 15 Built-in Lighting FX: Cop Car, Lightning, Paparazzi, Candle, Fire, etc.
- User-Programmable Presets
- Stepless Dimming from 0 to 100 % with no color shift
- User Programmable Presets
- Sidus Link App Compatible (Sidus Mesh TM )
- Onboard 5-Pin DMX512 In & Out
- Extendable Control Box w/ Lightning Clamp QR Plate
- 0.6m & 3m-long Head Cables for Flexibility & Organization
- 4-Pin XLR DC 24V(15A)-48V(7.5A) Battery Input • Built-in Internal Ballast
- Neutrik powerCON Locking Power Cables
- Dual Junior/Baby Pin (28mm/16mm) for Mounting on Any Stand
- Handbrake-locking Yoke with 360° Tilt
- Accessory Slot Compatible with Nova P300c Softbox & DOPchoice RABBIT-EARS®
- Optional Hard Shell Rolling Case
- Compatible with Aputure 48V Battery Power Stations (*Sold Separately)
the Aputure Nova is priced at $1699 for the fixture and $1899 with the optional rolling case.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.