Beastgrip has teased what they claim is the world’s first 2.76:1 Ultra Panavision aspect ratio anamorphic lens for smartphones. The Beastgrip 1.55x anamorphic lens gives you the widest field of view of any mobile anamorphic lens.
The lens allows you to capture the 2.76:1 widescreen aspect ratio, with 100% of the resolution. True widescreen format without any cropping.
The 1.55x anamorphic has been designed specifically for the Beastgrip Pro and Beastcage. It is fully compatible with all smartphones and 37mm lens mounts. Includes a fixed 58mm lens filter mount for mounting a neutral density, polarize, or other types of filters.
- Weight: 3.5oz (99g)
- Size: 60 x 60 x 22 mm
- Lens mount: M37 x 0.75 threaded mount
- Filter mount: M58 x 0.75 threaded mount
- Optical Design: 2 groups/2 elements (cylindrical)
- Magnification Ratio: 1.55X Horizontal Squeeze
- Video Aspect Ratio: 2.76:1 (Ultra Panavision)
- Distortion: ＜20%
- Lateral Color: ＜1um
- Lens Coating: Multi-layer, anti-reflection broadband 400nm-700nm. Blue/purple horizontal lens flares
- Material: Machined aluminum with anodized finish
- Orientation: Unidirectional with rotating optical elements
- Compatible with the Beastgrip Pro and Beastcage
- Compatible with all smartphones
The Beastgrip 1.55X Anamorphic lens will soon be on Kickstarter where you will be able to back it. Beastgrip has previously done Kickstarter campaigns for its 1.33x Anamorphic lens and camera rigs.
Now, apparently, according to one of our readers, this is not a new lens at all. They are claiming that the lens has already been made by a company called Kapkur. I have not been able to independently verify this information.
I couldn’t find any 1.55X anamorphic lens for sale on the Kapkur website, only a 1.33x.