Z Cam has just released firmware update version 0.94 for the E2 with a number of new additions and improvements.
- Low Jello Mode (Z CAM E2 & Z CAM E2-F6).
- De-noise options (off/weak/medium) for Z CAM E2, Z CAM E2-S6, Z CAM E2-F6 & Z CAM E2-F8.
- USB-Serial converter is supported.
- eND is supported.
- HEIF/DNG is supported for still capture.
- PTP is supported.
- Leica DG 45mm (MFT) lens is supported.
Erik has previously reviewed the Z Cam E2 on the site.
So what are these new additions? there isn’t too much documentation the Z Cam Facebook group has a growing community.
One new mode for the Z Cam E2 and Z Cam E2-F6 is “Low Jello Mode” that improves rolling shutter but does come at the cost of a slight crop of the image.
- Partial debayer ZRAW, compression ratio 8:1, [email protected] / [email protected] max.
- VFR 4K up to 90fps on Z CAM E2-F6.
- VFR 4K 49~60fps, enhanced FOV on Z CAM E2-F6.
- Refined saturation in shadow (Z CAM E2, Z CAM E2-S6, Z CAM E2-F6 & Z CAM E2-F8)
The Z Cam comes in a range of models including the E2, E2C and newer S35 6K E2-S6 & E2-F6 & E2-F8 full-frame models.