Litepanels has released new firmware for its Gemini 2×1. The latest update adds extended color temperature selection, a massive library of popular gel colors along with more extensive DMX and wireless control and many other refinements.
I reviewed the Litepanels Gemini 2×1 on the site, and you can read that review here.
Wide CCT Range
The new firmware increased the CCT range from 2,700 – 10,000K and full plus/minus green control.
Expanded Digital Gel Library
Gemini’s digital gel library now includes cinematography’s top 300 most-used gels. Each gel can be used with a daylight or tungsten foundation, meaning 600 popular gel colors are instantly available.
In addition to the expanded DMX features, new RDM functionality allows bi-directional communication between Gemini 2×1 and DMX boards, giving you even greater levels of configuration, control, and interaction.
More DMX Control
New preset DMX modes for CCT/RGB and CCT/HSI control have been added to enable quick and easy configuration of common cine DMX setups. Additionally, major DMX board manufacturers now provide custom profiles for the Gemini 2×1, allowing true plug-and-play functionality.
With more wireless devices filling the air around lighting fixtures, stability is critical. Firmware C1 improves Bluetooth connectivity.
IMPORTANT: This process must be done on a PC computer and the USB must be formatted on a PC, not a MAC.
- Download the .zip file to your PC.
- Unzip the file and locate the .hex file inside the unzipped folder.
- Insert a USB drive into your PC and format as FAT or FAT16
- Copy the .hex file onto the freshly formatted USB drive
- Eject the USB drive from your PC
- Power on the Gemini, then insert the USB drive
- Push the “Menu” button, select “System” then select “USB” then select “Firmware update”
- Follow the screen prompts to complete the update
- The LED indicator light next to the power switch will momentarily turn yellow, then alternate between red and green, then the Gemini will power up.
The update should take less than a minute.
If the firmware does not update (indicator light does not alternate red and green), the following may help:
- Use a freshly formatted (Windows FAT16 or FAT32) USB drive.
- Format the drive with a PC not a Mac.
- Ensure the file copy is done on a PC computer. Do not insert the formatted USB drive into a Mac computer before performing the update instructions.
- Download the firmware hex file to the USB drive and have only that file on the drive.
- FIRMWARE ARCHIVE
- You can always revert back to a previous version of firmware. Simply download a previous firmware file from these archives and follow the typical install instructions.
Download firmware version B3 from this link: DOWNLOAD B3 FIRMWARE