Tokina has announced the new atx-i 100mm f/2.8 FF Macro lens in Nikon F & Canon EF mount. This is the second lens in the new atx-i series of lenses.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Life-sized (1:1) reproduction at 30 cm.
- Extremely high corner to corner resolving performance and almost zero distortion.
- Beautiful bokeh with almost circular-shaped background highlights for portrait shooting thanks to classical extending barrel focusing system.
- A focus range limiter switch for effective focusing routine.
- The direction of the manual focusing ring matches the proprietary direction of Nikon and Canon lenses.
- Manual aperture ring (Nikon F mount only) based on the standards of Ai AF Nikkor D-Type lenses* to use with wide variety of cameras including old Nikon film cameras.
- One-touch focus Clutch mechanism to switch between autofocus and manual focus easy.
This new lens follows on from the 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 AF Pro D macro lens and just like the updated atx-i 11-16mm f/2.8, features a new modern housing. Optically, they look to be the same lens.
The Tokina atx-i 100mm F2.8 FF MACRO Nikon F mount is equipped with manual aperture ring based on Ai AF Nikkor D-Type* lens standard that allows to use this lens with wide variety of cameras including old Nikon film.
Just like the previous version, there is a focus range limit switch to lock the lens into or out of the macro focusing range to avoid excessive AF hunting.
The directions of the manual focusing ring matches the proprietary direction of Nikon and Canon lenses. A rubber grip ring near the rear of the lens is there for easy mounting and dismounting the lens. Black flocking inside the inner barrel prevents glare and unwanted reflections.
If you want to add filters, the lens has a 55mm thread.
Pricing & Availability
The Tokina atx-i 100mm f/2.8 FF Macro Lens is available in Nikon F & Canon EF mount, retailing for $429 USD.
The previous versions of the Tokina 100mm Macro have now been discounted, currently selling for $325 and $349 USD for the Canon EF & Nikon F mount.