On this week’s Go Creative Show podcast features 10 Years of Film Riot with Ryan Connolly.
Film Riot has been extremely popular with indie filmmakers, and it is now celebrating its 10 year anniversary. Film Riot has over 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
Ryan and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss how Film Riot has changed over the years, plus they take a behind the scenes look at his latest short film “There Comes a Knocking” which Ryan hopes to make into a feature film.
Ryan is not only knowledgeable, but he is also entertaining and easy to watch.
You can listen to the full episode above.
Topics Covered in the podcast:
- Why Ryan started Film Riot (04:37)
- How losing financing for a short film became one of Ryan’s favorite experiences
- Favorite and most humbling moments of Film Riot (09:58)
- What Ryan would tell his past self when starting filmmaking (24:02)
- Behind the scenes of Ryan’s latest short, There Comes a Knocking (29:10)
- The value of having your work critiqued (41:48)
- Camera and lens for There Comes a Knocking (45:49)
- Pre-production for There Comes a Knocking (54:34)
- Tips for more effective location scouts (01:02:53)
- Using 360 cameras on location scouts (01:05:24)
- Post-production for There Comes a Knocking (01:09:34)
- And much more!