Irix has announced a brand new mid-range cine prime lens with the 45mm T1.5. The lens is based on a completely new optical design which includes four elements made of high refraction glass, one extra-low dispersion lens and one aspherical lens. 11 elements in 9 groups deliver crisp details, vibrant colors and an ultra-low – 0,5% distortion.
- Mid-range focal length with field of view 51,4°
- Suitable for shooting with Ultra HD 8K resolution cameras
- Full Frame coverage
- High-quality optical elements – 11 elements in 9 groups. HR, XLD, ASP produced inJapan
- High maximum transmittance value of T1.5 up to T22
- Standardized 0.8 Pitch Mod Cine Gears
- Very low distortion -0.5%
- Sealed construction prepared for all weather conditions
- Compatibility with standard follow-focus systems and lens control motors
- Front filter thread size 86 x 1.0 mm
- Standard 95mm front diameter for cine accessories
- Equipped with a support foot
- Irix Magnetic Mount System
- Focus scale available in metric or imperial units
- Laser engraved markings filled with UV paint
- Durable magnesium-aluminum alloy
- Weight 1.1 kilograms / 2.42lbs
It features a 9-blade iris for smooth bokeh and smooth adjustment of the aperture from T1.5 to 22. Irix claims it has practically no focus breathing.
The 45mm T1.5 is the third lens in the Irix Cine line. All three lenses use 95mm outer diameters with 86mm internal filter threads. It also provides a magnetic mount for the reversible lens hood and for future Irix Cine accessories.
The Irix Cine line has been carefully deliberated from the start. The focus and aperture rings of all the lenses are aligned at the same height and have the same rotation angle. With the exception of the Irix 150mm T3.0 Macro 1:1, where a longer 270 degrees focus throw is necessary, the rest of the Irix Cine range lenses have ring rotations of 180 degrees for the focus ring and 75 degrees for the aperture ring.
The lens has been designed to handle rough shooting conditions, with rubber seals for dust and rain protection.
The housing is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant aluminum-magnesium alloy which has been used in the Irix Blackstone still lenses.
At 1.1kg (2.4lbs), the lens is quite light and compact which will make it easy to work with on handheld setups.
The Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 lens will be available in the four most popular industry mounts: Canon EF, Sony E, Olympus / Panasonic MFT and Arri PL-mount.
The 11mm T4.3 full-frame and 150mm T3.0 Macro were announced as cine versions at IBC 2019.
Pricing & Availability
We don’t have exact pricing as of yet but the 45mm T1.5 should be around $1,300-$1,400 USD.