Host Ben Consoli and Lawrence also discuss the lighting and camera tricks that gave Joker its unique look, how they worked around Joaquin Phoenix’s leg injury, the camera and lenses used, filming subway scenes with LED projection technology, and a whole lot more.
You can listen to the full episode above.
- Why JOKER is a polarizing film
- Lawrence’s process prepping and creating the look for JOKER
- How Lawrence used various camera techniques to show the Joker’s progression
- How they worked around Joaquin Phoenix’s leg injury
- The camera and lenses used for JOKER
- The difficulties of working on a low-budget comic book film
- Filming subway scenes with LED projection technology
- The post-production and color process
Lawrence Sher ASC is a long-time collaborator with director Todd Phillips and he is mostly known for lensing comedies such as The Hangover (I, II & III), The Dictator, and Paul, but over the last few years he has branched out to shoot War Dogs and Godzilla: King of Monsters.