You can now download Canon EOS R firmware version 1.4.0. Although it is not available to download in the US just yet, several other Canon sites such as Canon Japan already have it listed.
Firmware version 1.4.0 adds the following functionality and improvements to the EOS R:
- With improved Eye AF detection accuracy, it will now be possible to detect the eye even when the face of the main subject is small.
- By improving the AF frame display speed, the AF frame will follow a moving subject more accurately than before.
- By improving AF performance, subjects that are moving quickly on the screen, even if they are quite small, can be tracked more accurately.
- Corrected the phenomenon where the AF frame size could not be changed in the servo AF setting.
- PTP communication vulnerability fix
If you also weren’t aware, Canon also released a new LUT back in February for the EOS R as well.