Thinktank Photo has released a new bag for frequent flyers, with the new Airport Advantage XT. It only weighs 7.5 lb (3.4kg), which complies with strict international airline requirements to pass as carry on luggage.
- Specially designed interior to maximize gear for carry-on. Meets most U.S. and International airline carry-on requirements*
- Ultra-lightweight design weighs only 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg), keeping your bag under weight restrictions
Front pocket fits up to a 17” laptop and 10” tablet†
- *Check with your airline for current carry-on requirements
- †Laptop may expand external dimensions of the roller
As for how much gear you can pack into it, Thinktank says that it will fit up to a 500mm lens and has provided two example configurations:
- Two Gripped DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 5–8 additional lenses, and up to a 17” laptop
- Mirrorless video kit with lenses, batteries, DJI Ronin-S and DJI Mavic Pro
One thing to note is that since it is designed as a carry on, it does not have a built-in TSA lock. So if you ever do decide to repurpose the bag or ever need to check it in, you will need to have your own TSA lock ready.
If you want the option of a TSA zipper lock, also look at the Thinktank International 3.0 which is the same size but is $399.75 USD.
You can expect the same level of quality from the rest of the Thinktank Photo line with a sturdy build, great ergonomics and plenty of compartments to store your other accessories like media, filters & batteries.
Pricing & Availability
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Consider becoming a Patreon supporter and help us to continue being the best source of news and reviews for professional tools for the independent filmmaker.