XF 16-80mm F4.0 R OIS WR
The XF 16-80mm F4.0 R OIS WR is a wide-angle to medium-telephoto with APS-C coverage for Fujifilm X-Mount cameras. The optical design consists of a trio of aspherical elements and one ED aspherical element that is claimed to help minimize a variety of aberrations in order to produce high sharpness and clarity. A Super EBC coating also is said to improve contrast and color neutrality by reducing flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Standard zoom is designed for APS-C-format Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras and offers a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range.
- One extra-low dispersion aspherical element is used greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- Three aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- A Super EBC (Electron Beam Coating) coating has been applied to the entire surface of each element to for controlling ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color accuracy.
- Quick and quiet autofocus performance benefits both stills and video applications.
- An advanced Optical Image Stabilization system minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to six stops to enable sharper imaging when working with longer focal lengths or slower shutter speeds.
- Weather-sealed lens body protects against dust and moisture, and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm co
Fujifilm states that the lens has a quick and quiet autofocus system along with a six stop-effective image stabilization system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake. The OIS can also detect when the camera is being used with a tripod and adjust its performance to provide optimum image quality.
The lens is said to have little-to-no-focus breathing, and a close focus ability of 14in (35cm).
The Fujifilm XF16-80mm F4 R OIS WR weighs just 15.5 oz (440 g) and is only 3.5in (88.9mm) long. This makes it approximately 40% lighter than similar, traditional 35mm system lenses. Additionally, the lens is fully weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions.
GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR
The GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR lens is designed for the medium format G-mount GFX camera system. Its compact size makes it ideal for everyday shooting.
- Prime 50mm lens offers a 40mm equivalent focal length to realize a normal field of view for working with a variety of subjects.
- Impressively compact “pancake” design makes this lens especially portable and ideal for everyday shooting.
- The nine elements, six groups optical design incorporates one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions for cleaner, more realistic rendering and sharper image quality.
- A linear AF motor is used for especially quick and quiet focusing performance and is well-suited to both photo and video applications.
- Physical aperture ring allows for intuitive adjustment over exposure settings, and incorporates a C (Command) position to permit camera-based aperture setting.
- Dust- and weather-sealed physical construction enables working in harsh climates and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
The optical design incorporates one aspherical element, which controls distortion and spherical aberrations in order to realize what Fujifilm claims is a high degree of sharpness and clarity. Balancing the optical attributes, the lens also utilizes a linear AF motor for quick and quiet focusing performance, as well as a manual aperture ring .
Additionally, the lens is also dust-, freeze-, and weather-resistant for use in trying environmental conditions.
The lens weighs in at Approx. 0.74 lb / 335g and it has a 62mm front filter diameter.
Price & Availability
Both lenses are expected to start shipping on the 26th September. The XF 16-80mm F4.0 R OIS WR will retail for $799.95 USD. The GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR will cost $995.95 USD.