The Irix Cine 150mm T3.0 Macro 1:1 looks to be quite a unique lens. If you are not familiar with Irix, they have been making lenses for a while. Their website states ‘Swiss precision and Korean innovation create patented solutions with the finest optical performance and usability.’
The lens will be available in Canon EF, Sony E, MFT, and PL mount.
Irix has been teasing the upcoming lens on Facebook for the last month.
The Cine 150mm T3.0 Macro is based on the companies 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 full-frame lens that is available in Canon EF, Nikon F and Pentax K mount.
The Cine 150mm T3.0 Macro is essentially a rehoused stills lens. This is something many major manufacturers such as Sigma also do.
- 11 rounded aperture blades
- 12 optical elements in 9 groups (4 HR and 3 ED lenses)
- Internal Focusing
- MST focusing mechanism
- Sealed in 5 crucial points
- Rear element in a fixed position (anti-dust protection)
- Detachable and reversible lens hood
- Lens hood with magnetic lock
- MMS – magnetic mount system (patent pending)
- Standardized 0.8 pitch mod cine gears
- 86mm front filter thread
- 95MM standardized front diameter for cine accessories
- Precise laser engraved markings filled with UV reactive paint
- Lens support with 1/4″ thread
- Two-position detachable lens support
- adaptive ring for follow focus system (patent pending)
- Focus ring with 270° focus throw available with metric or imperial units
- Aperture ring rotation 75°
The optical design consists of 12 elements in 9 groups. The lens has 11 aperture blades. The lens has a 95mm front diameter and it will except 86mm screw on filters.
What is interesting is that the company lists two patent-pending features in the specifications- MMS – magnetic mount system and an adaptive ring for follow focus system. Just what these actually are and how they work is still unclear.
Price & Availability
Currently, there is no indication of pricing or availability. The stills version of this lens retails for 595,00 €.