Manfrotto has announced the 494 Center Ball Head with Round Disc. The 4 94 is the latest addition to Manfrotto’s Center Ball Head family, and it’s designed to be a quick and easy solution when using DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
While it is certainly more suited for photography than video, it does look like a good lightweight solution if you are using a locked off DSLR or mirrorless camera for say an interview or a timelapse.
- Flawless smoothness for easy framing
- Independent panoramic movement for easy landscape shots
- Independent friction control to balance your equipment
- Universal round disc camera attachment
- Unique premium design, strong and lightweight
The 494 Centre Ball Head with Universal Round Disc is almost identical to the 494 Center Ball Head with 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate, except it features a round disc instead of a quick release plate.
The 494 model is claimed to use a completely redesigned center ball head. It features a round upper disc that acts as a universal attachment which Manfrotto says ensures extreme solidity and grip between the 494 Center Ball Head and any medium-size mirrorless or DSLR camera.
The main knob and it’s integrated friction regulator is claimed to guarantee full gear control for a smooth, easy framing experience. Along the opposite side of the ball head, the independent panoramic knob moves the head horizontally to control panoramic shots while keeping all of its other settings firmly locked.
The 494 Center Ball Head with Round Disc can secure payloads of up to 8kg (17.64 lb). The ball head itself weighs just 310g (0.68 lb).
The 494 Center Ball Head with Round Disc is part of the Manfrotto 494 family that includes:
- Manfrotto 494 Center Ball Head with 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate
- Manfrotto 494 Center Ball Head Kit with 200PL-PRO and 200PL Quick Release Plates
The MH494 is now available for $69.99 USD.