Fujifilm have teased new firmware for the X-T3 which includes 4K HDR video recording, simultaneous output of Film Simulation / F-Log, and the removal of the 4GB clip limit. We caught up with Fujifilm at Interbee 2018 in Japan to see what the upcoming firmware does.
The biggest news for XT-3 owners will probably be the removal of the 4GB per clip recording limit. With the upcoming new firmware, movie files are no longer split when the file reaches a 4GB size. The file is recorded as one file providing an SD memory card that is 64GB or bigger in capacity is used.
If you use a SD card that is under 64GB in capacity when the file size reaches 4GB, it will be recorded to a separate file.
The other big news is that the XT-3 gets the ability to supports simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage. The XT-3 wll be able to record in F-Log to an external recorder while recording and viewing a Film Simulation image on the XT-3. The only caveat to this is you can’t do it in 4K 60p due to a hardware limitation. You can also record F-log internally and externally at the same time, as well as record F-log internally while sending a Film Simulation over HDMI externally.
[ FUJIFILM X-T3 Ver. 2.00 : December 2018 ]
- 4K HDR video recording in Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
Supports 4K HDR video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), one of the formats defined in the ITU-R BT.2100 international standards *. It allows the capture of rich and realistic images in a scene where there is a huge gap between highlight and shadow, or subjects with high color saturation.
- *Only compatible with H.265(HEVC). Please enjoy with television or display compatible with HLG formats.
- Simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage **
Supports simultaneous output of Film Simulation and F-Log footage. It allows you to record in F-Log while checking Film Simulation image on an external monitor.
- **Not compatible with 59.94P/50P, FHD high speed rec., 4K interframe NR, and HDMI output info display mode.
Also, cannot choose different image size (4K/FHD) for HDMI output and internal SD card recording.
- Recording over 4GB movie file as one file
Movie files are no longer split when the file reaches 4GB file size. The file is recorded as one file providing an SD memory card greater than 32GB is used (excludes 32GB) ***.
- ***By using SD memory cards less than or equal to 32GB, movie recording will continue without
interruption when the file size reaches 4GB, however subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file.
- Display color temperature (Kelvin) on EVF/LCD
Color temperature (Kelvin) can be displayed on EVF/LCD
- Supports slower shutter speeds with DCI4K/4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P *4
Slower shutter speeds than the framerate can be selected with 4K 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P.
- *4 Cannot select slower shutter speed than framerate with DCI/4K 59.94P/50P or LongGOP recording.
- Compatible with ALL-Intra and maximum bitrate 400Mbps with H.264
Using H.264 compression, you will now to be able to select ALL-Intra at a maximum bitrate of 400Mbps.
- Display power supply icon
Power supply icon is displayed on EVF/LCD while using AC adapter (AC-9VS), or Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD *5 and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD *6
- *5 Anker and PowerCore are trademark or registered trademark of Anker Innovations Limited or associated companies.
- *6 Product may not be available on your country.