Back in June, at Cinegear 2018, Tilta showed off a number of new cages including a cage for the Sony Venice. The cage is now available for order and is shipping.
The cage consists of a baseplate, top plate, side plate, battery module, and top handle. Multiple ARRI accessory mounts are found throughout the handle and cage as well as a number of power ports for other camera accessories. The cage can output a maximum of 15 amps throughout the entire cage (3 amps per port maximum).
- (1) Top Plate + 15mm Rod Adapter
- (2) 14.8V 2-Pin LEMO Output
- (2) 14.8V 3-Pin FISCHER Output with R/S Trigger
- (1) Built-in 3-Pin R/S Trigger Cable (to transfer R/S trigger from camera only; doesn’t transfer power)
- (1) Quick Release Top Handle
- (1) Recorder Module Extension Top Plate
- (1) P-TAP Output
- (1) V-Mount or Gold Mount Battery Plate
- (1) 14.8V 2-Pin LEMO Output
- (3) 14.8V 3-Pin FISCHER Output with R/S Trigger
- (1) 12-30V DC Power Input
- (1) Venice Side Arm
- (1) Venice Lightweight Baseplate
- Sony VCT Adapter
- Tilta Standard Adapter
- (1) Baseplate Extension Shoulder Pad
- (1) Front Extension Top Handle
- (1) Rear Extension Top Handle
For a recap of the Sony Venice cage, skip to 4:50.
The battery plates are available in two different versions. One of the versions is designed for use without the AXS-R7 recorder with angled ports so they don’t block the output ports of the camera. If you are using the AXS-R7 recorder, the power ports on the battery plate are side facing. All of the images shown on the website and this post show the side-facing version.
When using the AXS-R7 recorder, an extension piece can be mounted to the top plate so the battery plate can be mounted behind the recorder. This piece also provides an additional P-tap port.
The top plate features a built-in 3-pin cable that can be connected to the Sony Venice for R/S functionality for all of the cages 3-pin R/S ports.
The top plate also provides two 15mm LWS rod mounts for mounting the EVF. Also found on the top plate is a quick release mount for the Top Handle. Shown in the photos are the optional top handle extensions that can extend over the back of the battery plate.
The baseplate features a built-in shoulder pad and is compatible with Tilta-standard dovetails. An optional Tilta-standard to Arri-standard baseplate can be attached to allow you to use Arri-standard dovetails.
The Sony Cage solution from Tilta retails for $1,999 USD and is available in both V-Mount or Gold-Mount and comes with the 15mm LWS baseplate. Multifunctional 15mm & 19mm Studio baseplates and 12″ dovetails can be bundled together for $2,699 USD.