Adobe has unveiled new video features that are coming to Adobe Creative Cloud. The new features are aimed to speed up production timelines, enable more seamless workflows. The updates include Adobe Sensei-powered animation, intelligent audio cleanup tools, selective color grading, advanced data-driven motion graphics templates and end-to-end VR 180 support.
These updates follow Adobe’s recent unveiling of Project Rush, the first all-in-one, cross-device video editing app designed specifically for online content creators. Project Rush delivers a streamlined and intuitive user experience that makes creating and sharing online content easier than ever by harnessing the power of Premiere Pro and After Effects, and Project Rush projects are seamlessly opened in Premiere Pro. Currently in beta, Project Rush will be available later this year.
Faster Video and Audio Workflows
New capabilities coming later this year to Adobe Creative Cloud include:
- Explore new ways to animate – Mold layers into new, dynamic shapes with new Mesh Sculpting tools that twist, bend and scale under your creative control in After Effects. Leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning technology in Adobe Sensei, instantly create and animate unique, stylized puppets using a webcam and reference artwork with Character Animator’s new Characterizer.
- Sound better – Instantly improve audio with intelligent cleanup tools, DeNoise and DeReverb, in the Essential Sound panel in Adobe Audition. Dial down or remove background noise and reverb from a sound clip that’s been intelligently adjusted by adaptive algorithms.
- Take control of color – Take the guesswork out of curve adjustments and bring simplicity and precision to selective color grading and color management with new Lumetri Color tools in Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Turn data into stories – Drag and drop spreadsheet files to Motion Graphics templates to generate visual representations of information within video projects using data-driven infographicsin Premiere Pro.
- Jump into immersive video – Add new support features for 180-degree immersive video in Premiere Pro and After Effects, including optimized ingest, effects and output in Google VR 180 for viewing on YouTube or other platforms.
- Collaborate seamlessly – Invite groups and individual collaborators for Team Projects and easily access team members from your enterprise address book to choose collaborators and save groups.
- Improve Adobe Stock workflows – Search and sort millions of curated, contemporary 4K and HD cinematic footage and professionally-designed Motion Graphics templates, right from the Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro and After Effects.
What’s New in Adobe Premiere Pro?
Motion Graphics workflows
Motion Graphics templates provide a comprehensive toolset for creating and managing imagery and brand identity in video content, combining polished graphics with efficient customization in editorial. New authoring tools in After Effects streamline production in Premiere Pro with parameter grouping to organize the template and order the workflow for editors.
Data-driven infographics turn numbers into stories in Premiere Pro. Drag and drop spreadsheet files onto Motion Graphics templates to generate visual representations of your information. Even better: updates to the spreadsheet are reflected automatically in the graphic.
Intelligent audio cleanup
Instantly improve your audio by removing background noise or reverb with new Reduce Noiseand Reduce Reverb sliders in the Essential Sound panel. Make audio easy with intelligent tools and take your video productions to the next level.
Storytelling with color
The Lumetri tools turn color and light into an integral part of editorial so you can refine your cuts and your color in the same creative workflow. New Selective Color Grading tools in Premiere Pro and After Effects take the guesswork out of curve adjustments. Expanding on the Hue Saturation “donut,” Selective Color Grading offers more tools with greater precision by pairing values, such as Hue vs Hue and Luma vs Saturation, on two axes that show you exactly how much you can adjust any parameter as you work.
End-to-end VR 180
Create content that puts your audience into the middle of the action and jump into immersive video with new support for VR 180, including optimized ingest, editorial, and effects, for monoscopic and stereoscopic content. Output finished videos in the Google VR180 format for YouTube or other platforms.
Spatial Markers: Review immersive media more efficiently in the Adobe Immersive Environment. Place spatial markers on your media while in your headset so you can easily find those areas when you return to the desktop Timeline.
Theatre Mode gives you a new portable reference monitor within the Adobe Immersive Environment: a virtual screening room for collaborating with your director or producer, whether for 2D or immersive content, or a combination of both.
Performance and format support
Hardware-based encoding and decoding for H.264 and HEVC offer better performance and faster rendering. Improved image processing provides more responsive playback, rendering, and Lumetri Color performance.
New native format support now includes ARRI Alexa LF (Large Format), Sony Venice, and the HEIF (HEIC) capture format used by iPhone 8 and iPhone X. Improved visibility for QuickTime 32 files makes it easier to identify legacy media in your projects.
Premiere Pro also introduces Timecode shortcut entry, support for the Australian Closed Captioning Standard, new language support for keyboard shortcuts, and more.
Pricing and Availability
The new features for Adobe Creative Cloud will be available with the next version of Creative Cloud which is coming later this year.