Rosco have announced several upgrades to the Rosco Silk line of LED soft lights. The physical look of the units has been enhanced, including knobs that are flush to the main control housing, a matte finish on the control housing, and larger safety/rope hanging ports.
The new versions keep the soft output of the original Silk products, and maintain high color fidelity – Rosco say the Silk range have ‘TLCI, CRI and R9 metrics in the high 90s.’
New to the Rosco Silk line
All Silk fixtures in the product line now feature new control options, including wireless DMX, as well as greater control of output and color temperature, and overall improvements to the units’ physical properties. The units will also be available in more sizes than the current Silk 110 and 210 versions currently listed on the Rosco website (equivalent to a 1×1 or 2×1 LED unit). New variants will include the Silk 305 and 410 – presumably these will be larger although Rosco aren’t sharing any dimensions or Lux output levels just yet.
Rosco Silk: New Features include:
- Two new DMX modes, including: DMX Master, which enables one Silk fixture to control others on set that share a common base address, and Wireless DMX via Lumen Radio technology.
- DMX dimming is now possible in 8 bit or 16 bit mode, offering a multitude of smoother dimming options.
- A choice of four dimming curves; Linear, Square Law, S-Curve, or Tungsten.
- An increase to 50K resolution on the fixtures’ color temperature dial and 15K on the dimming dial result in finer tuning capabilities, greater accuracy on interim steps of color temperature and better resolution at low end dimming.
- Improved ballistic interaction on the fixtures’ color temperature and dimming dials offers increased control and feedback.
- A control lockout button that prevents settings from being disturbed unintentionally.
- A new display panel featuring increased brightness and more contrast.
- The units’ software can now be upgraded via USB, preventing the need for additional special equipment.
For more information, visit http://www.rosco.com/silk.