Blackmagic Design have released a new firmware update for their Ursa Mini line of cameras. Although primarily aimed at the new Ursa Mini Pro – it adds a stills capture function to the newest Ursa Mini camera – the update also adds better battery communication to the older Ursa Mini and Mini 4.6K models. There are also some bug fixes.
The download contains Blackmagic Camera Setup 4.3.1 for either Mac or Windows and when connected to your camera will carry out the following tweaks:
Blackmagic firmware update for Ursa Mini Pro
- Added support for Cinema DNG stills capture.
- Fixed bug where grids appeared when enabling frame guides.
- Fixed bug where headphones were detected when not plugged in.
- Fixed bug where dropping into record after dropped frames did not work on first attempt.
Blackmagic firmware update for Ursa Mini and Mini 4.6K
- Improved low battery detection.
The new firmware won’t install Blackmagic’s Desktop Video or UltraScope applications as in previous versions – you’ll have to grab these separately. Both apps and the new firmware can be downloaded from the Blackmagic website now.