RØDE today announced a dual transmitter version of the Wireless ME, the budget grab-and-go wireless mic system. RØDE was early in the ultra compact wireless audio space and has continued to release new versions such as the Wireless Pro.
The Wireless ME will be released in a dual set, featuring two transmitters and one receiver, available in either black or white. The Wireless ME combines the same sound quality and innovative features that RØDE wireless microphones are known for with exceptional ease of use.
In addition to its state-of-the-art Series IV 2.4GHz digital transmission and universal compatibility with cameras, smartphones, and computers, the Wireless ME features RØDE’s GainAssist technology, which utilizes intelligent algorithms that automatically control audio levels on the fly, ensuring pristine audio in almost any recording application. This makes it incredibly simple to use, delivering professional sound quality without requiring setup or tweaking. It is also the only wireless microphone with a mic built into the receiver for recording audio from in front of and behind the camera simultaneously.
Having a dual-channel receiver is a big deal as it simplifies capturing two subjects, especially when using the camera to record the audio directly. The option to get the Wireless ME in white instead of the original black also makes it ideal for creators who are looking for a discreet solution when working with talent who typically wear lighter-colored clothing –such as weddings or business professionals.
- Two transmitters
- Ultra-compact and easy-to-use wireless microphone system
- Series IV 2.4 GHz digital transmission for crystal-clear recording with over 100m range
- High-quality microphones built into both the transmitters and receiver
- Intelligent GainAssist technology automatically controls audio levels for perfectly clear sound in any application
- Works seamlessly with cameras, computers, and iPhones or Android smartphones
- In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery – up to 7 hours battery life
- Compatible with RØDE video and audio apps, including RØDE Capture, RØDE Connect and RØDE Reporter
- Compatible with all RØDE Series IV devices, including the Wireless GO II, Wireless PRO, RØDECaster Duo, RØDECaster Pro II and Streamer X
- All required cables and accessories included – no additional gear needed
We have many options in the wireless audio space, from mid-level to downright cheap. Depending on your projects, you could save a ton of cash using these systems; plus, systems like the Deity THEOS are UHF dual channels with 32-bit float recording options. All for $1090. The RØDE Wireless Pro is a great deal for a dual channel at only $399. I have used both of these systems, and they punch above their weight.
Pricing and Availability
The dual Wireless ME will be available in Spring 2024 for US $199. The original single TX version retails for $149.
The RODE Wireless PRO 2-Person Clip-On Wireless Microphone System/Recorder with Lavaliers retails for $399 USD.