Today Canon dropped a firmware update for the Cinema EOS C70. The update supports the newly announced 24-105 F2.8IS USM Z zoom lens. Yes, I have one on order and look forward to using and reviewing it. The range has been my go-to for many years, and the ability to have a power zoom and f2.8 in a fairly compact zoom is exciting. The lens has an estimated shipping date of December 14th.
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168:
The following features are enabled when the following lens is attached: – CN-E31.5-95mm T1.7 L S
- Displaying metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached.
- Displaying T number.
- Support for Peripheral Illumination Correction and Chromatic Lens Aberration Correction.
- Support for [Dual Pixel Focus Guide].
Adds support for the following RF-Mount Cinema Prime Lenses:
- CN-R14mm T3.1 L F
- CN-R20mm T1.5 L F
- CN-R24mm T1.5 L F
- CN-R35mm T1.5 L F
- CN-R50mm T1.3 L F
- CN-R85mm T1.3 L F
- CN-R135mm T2.2 L F
The following features are enabled when the following lens is attached: RF24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z
- Support for aperture ring adjustment.
- Support for Zoom operations.
Adds support for the Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2.
Adds support for the Canon Multi-Camera Control.
Adds support for the RC-IP1000.
Adds Digital-Teleconverter function. (1.5x / 2x / 2.5x /3x)
Adds [_Proxy] option in XF-AVC proxy media name.
Improves Vector Scope.
Changes to display [BT.2020] in the frame when the color space is set to BT.2020.
– Changes to always display the target color name.
For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
Preparations for a firmware update:
Regarding the Software Included in this Firmware:
The software included in this firmware is comprised of software modules developed by both Canon and third parties.
Software Developed by Canon and Free Software:
Software developed or created by Canon and accompanying document is protected by copyright law, terms of an international convention and any other governing laws. This product uses software modules under copyright by third parties and distributed as free software. Some of these software modules are subject to the GNU General Public License (GPL), GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) or any other license.
Display of License Information of Free Software Modules Included in this Firmware:
The license information required to be displayed for the free software modules included with this firmware is saved in the download file. To check the free software module licenses, please refer to the “EOSC70 OSS info.pdf”.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- Camera Body EOS C70
- A computer (OS requirements: macOS 14, macOS 13, macOS 12, macOS 11, 10.15-10.14)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 512MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
The update is available for download now on the Canon Camera Support website.