The Pelican 1595 Air Cases are made from a lightweight proprietary HPX Polymer. The cases are crush, dust, and waterproof, with secure press and pull latches and stainless steel padlock protectors for added security. They were officially unveiled back in May.
There are three versions available:
- Pelican Wheeled 1595AirWF Case (Black, Trek Pack Divider Insert) $449.95 USD
- Pelican Wheeled 1595AirWF Case (Black, Empty) $316.95 USD
- Pelican Wheeled 1595AirWF Case (Black, Pick-and-Pluck Foam) $371.95 USD
- Dust, Crush, and Waterproof
- Over-Molded Handle, Retractable Handle
- Quiet Rolling Wheels
- Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve
- Press and Pull Latches
- Stainless Steel Padlock Protectors
- Business Card Holder
The empty case weighs 13.60 lbs / 6.2 kg, and the version with foam weighs 16.35 lbs / 7.4 kg. The trade-off with the protection that Pelican cases offer, is that they still weigh quite a lot even when empty.
The case features stainless steel bearing wheels and a retractable handle. Pelican states that the rolling wheels are quiet. I haven’t seen one of these cases in person so I can’t verify if that is true or not. The folded-down over-molded handle ensures comfortable carrying and an automatic pressure equalization valve balances the interior pressure while keeping water out. The waterproof O-ring seal also helps keep your contents dry and dust-free.
The exterior dimensions of the case are 28.52 x 17.8 x 10.7″ / 72.44 x 45.2 x 27.2 cm, and the interior dimensions are 25.6 x 15.03 x 9″ / 65 x 38.18 x 22.9 cm. The Lid Depth is 2″ / 5.1 cm and the Base Depth is 7.87″ / 19.99 cm.