Creamsourse has added five main new features with the firmware version 2.5 to the Vortex Series RGBWW LED fixtures. The update includes multilingual support, over 30 new DMX modes, CRMX2 support, and multiple CRMX updates. Many of the updates were made from user feedback.
The Vortex lights are primarily used on film sets and are available in rental houses as they are built like a tank, waterproof, and very bright. They have been out now for around three years, and Creamsource keeps updating the firmware to make them better.
- Multilingual support in the GUI with the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, English.
- ‘Reduced Zone’ DMX modes – operate with 2 or 4 pixels in Split, Bars and Grid configuration to save on DMX footprint when not all zones are needed.
- Control Channel – change settings like High-Speed Mode, DMX Smoothing, Dimming curve and many more over DMX using the new Control Channel. No need to access the fixture or use RDM to change settings.
- CRMX² support for multiple universes. Work with LumenRadio’s Stardust and allows the Universe output to be selected, and manual linking key entered. Universe name will be displayed on screen if it’s available.
- CRMX Transmitter – Forward sACN, wired DMX or BLE data to other fixtures wirelessly via CRMX.
- Embed latest CRMX firmware (22.214.171.124) so it can be automatically updated from within the Vortex.
- Option to turn off display and keypad backlights 10 seconds after receiving DMX or other control data, to prevent light spill in dark studios (this is under the Fixture Menu → Display Always On).
- Add CCT-HSI Multizone DMX modes (8 and 16 bit).
- Added RGBW ‘Bare’ DMX mode without any control channels, for driving pixel mapped effects directly from a media server (8 and 16 bit).
- Added RGBW-CCT Master mode for simplified media server control, while maintaining ability to control the white point of the fixture and also the control channels (8 and 16 bit).
- One-key Restore Defaults: Hold down button on bottom-left of LCD screen during CreamOS splash screen to restore all settings to factory defaults and clear user presets (you will be asked to confirm)
- Fix issue where fast changing DMX values could cause erratic flashing of individual zones, even in single zone mode.
- Fix issue where if fixture is set to ‘Receive Sync Via DMX’ and regular DMX data was sent to this fixture, the unit could slow down or restart.
- Fix issue where RGBW mode output might not scale correctly between 50-100%.
- Fix issue where sACN disconnects from the network after a period of time when using Multicast via several managed switches.
- Fix occasional network ping time-out problem.
- Fix issue with ‘Gel Bump’ DMX modes where the Yellow adjustment incorrectly added Red colour (these modes provide extended colour control to adjust the colour of selected gels).
- When using CRMX Transmitter functionality, the best results (highest refresh rates and smoothest output) are obtained when CRMX BLE is disabled. We recommend leaving CRMX BLE Disabled unless you are using it.
- If the internal TimoTwo CRMX module has very old firmware (1.0.1.x) then the CRMX firmware cannot be automatically updated from CreamOS. It will have to be manually updated using CRMX Toolbox App.
New DMX Tables Available (Version 2.5)
DMX Table Version 2.5 is available which contains full details of all new modes.
NOTE – the previously ‘Reserved’ DMX slot is now used for Control Channel.
Version 2.5.0 is now available to download directly from Creamsource.