RØDE has released an updated version of the popular NT1. RØDE states The NT1 5th Generation fuses the classic sound signature of the legendary RØDE NT1 with cutting-edge, next-generation technology.
The NT1 5th Gen. features RØDE’s Dual Connect output, offering both XLR and USB connectivity for connecting to an audio interface, mixer or console, and other audio equipment or directly to a computer for plug-and-play recording. It features a professional-grade audio interface built in, with RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution PreampTM, high-resolution (up to 192kHz) A/D conversion, and advanced digital signal processing for recording pristine, studio-quality audio.
32-bit float digital output
It features a 32-bit float digital output for recording everything from a whisper to the loudest drummer with no clipping and no need to set complex gain controls. RØDE states these features complement the warm silky character, extended frequency response, extremely low self-noise, and high SPL handling that the NT1 is renowned for.
The NT1 5th Generation is designed to be a high-quality and performing studio microphone for a wide variety of recording applications.
NT1 5th Generation Key features
- Large-diaphragm (1-inch) gold-sputtered condenser capsule
- Extended frequency response
- Exceptionally low self-noise (4dBA)
- High sensitivity and high SPL handling
- Dual Connect output – XLR and USB connectivity
- Ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution PreampTM
- 32-bit float digital output
- High-resolution (192kHz) A/D conversion
- On-board DSP for advanced APHEX® audio processing, including a compressor, noise gate, high-pass filter, and Aural ExciterTM and Big BottomTM effects
- Studio-grade shock mount and pop filter, XLR, and USB cables included
- Available in black and silver
- 10-year warranty
- NT1 5th generation microphone
- SM6 Shock mount & pop filter
- SC29 – 3m USB-C Cable • 6m XLR Cable
- Dust Cover
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Acoustic Principle||Pressure gradient|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer|
|Frequency Range||20Hz – 20kHz|
|Maximum SPL||142 dB SPL|
|Equivalent Noise 4dBA (A-Weighted)||4dBA|
|Sensitivity||-32 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1 kHz|
|Analogue Power Requirements||Via XLR: P48|
|Analogue Output Connection||3-pin XLR|
|Digital Power Requirements||Via USB: 5V|
|Bit Depth||24-bit / 32-bit floating point|
|Sampling Rate||(kHz): 48 / 96 / 192|
|Processing||APHEX digital signal processing (only available at 48kHz sample rate)|
|Minimum OS Requirements||Windows 10 |
Mac OS 10.15
Pricing and Availability
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Microphone is available to pre-order now for US$249 and will be shipping in March 2023.