Sound Devices has released new 8-Series firmware, v9.20, as well as an SD-Remote update. The update provides a couple of new features when using Frame.io
v9.20 firmware introduces auto-resume file upload capability for Frame.io. What this means is that if users are connected to Frame.io and the connection is lost while a file is uploading, instead of starting again when the connection is automatically reestablished, the file will continue to upload from where it left off.
The 8-Series also now supports the SL-MixFace controller.
There are additional performance enhancements in the v9.20 firmware update:
- Added auto-resume file upload capability. Now if the connection to frame.io is lost while a file is uploading, when the connection is automatically re-established, the file will continue to upload from where it left off rather than starting again. This saves time and prevents duplicate file entries in frame.io
- Support for 4 channels of digital audio per slot from the Lectrosonics DSR4 to 8-series via SL-2. Note: Superslot control not supported in this firmware release.
- Added option to gray out meters for CL-16 disarmed ISO and Bus tracks.
- Support for the SL-MixFace controller.
- Changed Solo Follows Select On/Off now affects CL-16 as well as 3rd Party MCU controllers.
- Output delay is now applied to both A1 and A2 outputs of Scorpio’s 10-pin A Output.
- CL-16 menu button no longer stays illuminated after using it in conjunction with pressing knobs for muting channels, buses, and outputs.
- Add fixes to support new Waves Fit hardware and firmware v2.03.
- Fixed rare issue where slot receivers would not power up in an SL-2.
- Channel 1 and 3 labels are now centered on the LR,1-3 horizontal meter screen.
- Eliminated a rare lockup that could result from playing back monophonic files.
- Occasional loud pops on headphones when powering on or off have been eliminated.
- Virtual channel trim and fader values are now saved on power down.