Z CAM has released firmware 1.0.0 for its E2 cameras. This update allows you to record the RAW signal that gets sent out over HDMI as BRAW on a Blackmagic Video Assist. This only works with the following cameras: E2, E2-M4, E2-S6 & E2-F6.
Firmware Upgrade using Z CAM web client:
- Connect Z CAM E2 to the computer through an Ethernet cable.
- Menu -> Connect -> Network -> ETH. Mode -> Direct
- Read the ETH. IP 10.98.32.1 (normally).
- Open your browser on computer and enter: http://10.98.32.1/www/html/controller.html
- Z CAM web client screen would show up.
- Go to Upgrade, select the firmware file and follow the step to complete.
* MAKE SURE THAT THE CAMERA IS CONNECTED TO A STABLE POWER SOURCE.
** MAKE SURE THAT THE FIRMWARE FILE IS NOT UNZIPPED BY THE BROWSER (SAFARI IS NOT RECOMMENDED) DURING THE DOWNLOAD PROCESS.