The OSEE LCM215HDR+ 21.5″ Field HDR Monitor is a budget-friendly option if you are looking for a mid-sized production monitor that can be powered on location through a camera battery.
The monitor utilizes a 21.5″, 1500 cd/m², 8-bit, 1920 x 1080 Mini-LED LCD that has a ppi of 102. The Gamma can be changed to PQ or HLG, the color temperature can be set to D55, D61, D93, DCI, and the color space can be set to either ITU709, EBU, SMPTE-C, P3, or ITU2020.
- 1500 cd/m² Brightness
- Built-In SDR and HDR 3D LUTs
- Exposure, Framing, and Focus Tools
- HDMI, 3G SDI, Analog BNC Input
- 3G-SDI Output
- Includes V-Mount battery plate
- Sun Hood
- C-Stand Adapter
The OSEE LCM215HDR+ 21.5″ Field HDR Monitor has the following inputs and outputs:
- 1 x HDMI Type A Input
- 2 x BNC (3G-SDI) Input
- 1 x BNC (3G-SDI) Loop Output
- 1 x BNC (Composite) Input
- 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Headphone Output
- 1 x XLR 4-Pin (3 A / 17 VDC) Input
- 1 x IEC Input
- 1 x USB 2.0 (USB Type-A) Input
- 2 x RS-485 (RJ45) Input/Output
As far as what types of inputs it can receive over HDMI or SDI, they are listed below:
DCI 2K: 59.94/50/29.97/25/23.98
It features a large array of monitoring tools:
- False Color
- Framing Tools
- Anamorphic Desqueeze
- Custom Aspect Ratios
- Area Marker
- Center Marker
- Focus Tools
- Focus Assist (red/green/blue/mono; sensitivity value 0-100 adjustable)
- Peaking (level 1-16 adjustable)
- Built-In and Custom 3D LUT Support
Not only can the Osee field monitor store up to 16 custom LUTs, but it also has built-in SDR and HDR LUTs for ARRI, RED, Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Blackmagic Design, Fujifilm, DJI, GoPro, and JVC cameras.
The monitor can be powered via either 100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz mains, or through an 11 to 17 VDC at 3 A input. The monitor comes with a removable V-mount battery plate. The power draw of the monitor is 48W.
The OSEE LCM215HDR+ comes with a sun hood, C-stand mount, and desktop stand.
Price & Availability
Yes, the monitor is only 8-bit and it doesn’t have 6G or 12G-SDI inputs, but it looks like a good option given its price and feature set.